Tried to become Allison Owner

So I recently tried to buy the 2015 Allison listed by Bonnie on the 4 sale link, I just could not get the money from any of the banks, just bought a $360,000 house and the wife a new 4 runner since July, so credit took some hits. I have always wanted a Allison and I was heartbroken not to be able to get this one, immaculate with 50 hours on the motor. Lee sold and set the boat up. I tried everything I could but the only option was 12,000 down and 780 a month, just could not swing it right now. I have only ever been in one Allison and that was back in 93 with the center console model and the guy that owned it really could not drive. So I will continue to want and dream and hopefully another super deal will come along, really want a new one BUT. So I have a question, is the ride really that much better than anything else out there, I have owned Rangers, tritons, the 1999 TR 21model, Hydra sport, Skeeter. The 2017 Skeeter zx 250 was by far the best riding of all of those boats. I am 60 years old and am really depressed at not being able to get that Allison and it's been sold for about 3 weeks now. Sucks being house and vehicle poor, but the wifes happy. I even sold my Skeeter to have cash to put into the new house. Any rich people out there that want to finance a 60 year old man his dream boat.. Thanks for listening.

Sorry to hear about that. I'm sure your time will come.

Simply put, yes the ride is that much better. I have tried selling mine several times and I just simply cannot find a boat that is its equal in this size range. They handle typical lake conditions better than anything its size. If you are into performance not much will run with these boats fully loaded. These are big boats and they can accelerate with ease with big topend wheels and put great top end numbers. Maybe not the king of big topend numbers empty, but I will take a loaded boat that can fly any day vs. empty boat. They take a little bit of wheeling and some patience in setup, but after you get it they are magical and the driving just becomes second nature.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

3. Member
    Did you try Reclending?
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

4. Member
    Yes, tried Reclending

5. Member
    Sorry it didn't work out for you.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    Sorry to hear about that. I'm sure your time will come.

Simply put, yes the ride is that much better. I have tried selling mine several times and I just simply cannot find a boat that is its equal in this size range. They handle typical lake conditions better than anything its size. If you are into performance not much will run with these boats fully loaded. These are big boats and they can accelerate with ease with big topend wheels and put great top end numbers. Maybe not the king of big topend numbers empty, but I will take a loaded boat that can fly any day vs. empty boat. They take a little bit of wheeling and some patience in setup, but after you get it they are magical and the driving just becomes second nature.

True
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

sorry to hear Hunter 35745 not to many Allison's here in Chesterfield Midlothian area

8. Member
    Hey Hunter, I have a xb-21 and absolutely love it and everything about it. When it's time to get a new boat I'll get the same one. The only real downside to the XB-21 is if you have bad knees or arthritis in general. I fish Pro-Am's and have been drawn 2 different co-anglers that had some difficulty getting out of the seat. My wife has rheumatoid arthritis and she struggles to get in and out. Other than that, you can't beat an Allison in my book
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

9. Member
    Does it have to be a new boat? When I bought my allison I went from a "newer" boatcto an older one.
    I understand not being able to drop 80k on a boat, so buy a used one for 30-40k. Or go a little older and get a xb2003 for 15-20k, or a xtb21 for under 15k. They're still alison's, still light boats that are fun to drive.

10. Member
    Thanks for all the replies, I am trying to get some stuff payed off and save some money for down payment , maybe by December - January I can order a new one from Tim. So what is the wait time on a new ordered Allison. I am sure it depends on time of year as well. And about what would it cost, hydraulic jack plate w/ Mercury 250 R and sporty, Ultrex 80 link. probably do all my own electronics. Bassport Pro Elite

By the way rdp823 which Allison do you have.

12. Member
    If you ever make down around Knoxville I'll be glad to show you my xb2003 and let you drive it. Got to wait till the trees quit floating down the rivers though.

as Tom stated if you want to go out in mine ill gladly take you out, and drive it if you would like

14. Member
    as Tom stated if you want to go out in mine ill gladly take you out, and drive it if you would like

Just might take you up on that offer, what art of va are you in.

chesterfield county