X135 to HDS9 Upgrade Issue

First, thanks to all of you experts that help us get our stuff up and running. That being said I am upgrading the ancient X135 on my bow to an HDS9 which I have been running from my helm now for a few years (love it). I am going to upgrade to a larger size unit at the helm and put the HDS9 up at the front. I ran a network cable from the hub to the front and attempted to plug in the HDS9 to the existing cables that were there for the X135. The unit powers up however it does not work and goes to a blank screen. Take a look at the pictures, any thoughts what I need to change. Does it have something to do with the built-in transducer on Fortrex TM? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Possibly a power supply issue, the HDS will need lot more amps than the X model, so check all your wiring joins and cables for corrosion. May need heavier cable.

Ok, that will be my next attempt. Stuck with rain for a couple of days but will let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Yep, that was it. I was able to find a dedicated line from the battery going to a cigarette lighter and switch it with the accessory line that was formerly powering the X135. Thanks for the help!

5. Member
    Cool, nice when the solution is quick and easy!