Thread: Lure / Box Age?

Lure / Box Age?

Going through the “didn’t know I had these” box to make some room. Got to a group of Rebel saltwater baits and the packaging for a couple got my attention. Have had a few Rebel lures over the years (many years), but don’t remember seeing any with the confederate flag incorporated into the “R” of Rebel. Anyone have an idea of the age of these? What I know: Saltwater lures, 7” minnow, only marking on bats is “EBEL” on the bill. Apparently the “R” was inserted into the body of the bait. One is Floater and other is Sinker. Address is Fort Smith, Arkansas. Just curious and appreciate any info. Thanks, Larry

100_4298.JPG

2. Member
    I remember those. Dad loved rebels when I was growing up, so it probably would be mid/late 60's

3. Member
    Remember seeing them. The box is probably worth more than the bait.

To a collector probably $30-$40, box is worth more than lure..

5. Member
    ^Yep, that's probably the most desirable rebel box. I always liked the stamp on the bill like that on those older ones.

6. Member
    Several on the auction site with the same box sold for $10 and less. I always look at the sold items so I can get an idea of value.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Moore View Post
    Several on the auction site with the same box sold for $10 and less. I always look at the sold items so I can get an idea of value.
    Yeah, I'd say $10-$20 is probably closer to the value at this point. Those will only go up though. I'm holding mine.

I do appreciate the input from all that posted. Like i said the rebel logo caught my attention and made me wonder how I ended up with these. The 60's time frame makes sense as we fished the Chesapeake for striper around that time. And these lures must have worked well as they look to be fairly experienced. I did kind of expect the box to have more value than the lure, but when I saw the first estimated price I was very surprised. I have posted them on the swap/sell pages for $6 and will be happy with that if they are enjoyed by someone. Thanks again for the info! Larry