2020 Minn Kota Ultrex

looking to purchase a new Minn Kota Ultrex but thinking of waiting until after the 2020 ICAST show to get the latest and greatest on the new 2020 Ultex. Anyone know if there are any changes or improvements vs the 2019 models?

Even if they do update it you are more than likely then looking at a late late fall release. If I wanted to upgrade I would do it now and not miss out on a whole fishing season.

Quote Originally Posted by Altro Cat View Post
    Even if they do update it you are more than likely then looking at a late late fall release. If I wanted to upgrade I would do it now and not miss out on a whole fishing season.
    Agree
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    You can never get the latest and greatest anymore unless your willing to shell out a lot of money over and over. Buy it now and enjoy it.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

5. Member
    Good feedback guys.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    You can never get the latest and greatest anymore unless your willing to shell out a lot of money over and over. Buy it now and enjoy it.
    I agree with this, there’s always going to be something better, and the Ultrex fishes so well now unless there’s a huge upgrade I can’t see waiting an entire season. Just my opinion.

7. Member
    I’m sure enjoying mine.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    I bought the first gen ultrex. I had every issue that those had. I'm told I'm getting a 4th gen on my new boat. I certainly hope Minn kota got all the bugs worked out. I'm told they do.

9. Member
    I was in the same struggle this year, got a new tin rig in Oct of 19 and finally saved enough cash for trolling motor with digital anchor. I really wanted the Tour Pro because I had a MG tour on my old boat. But my luck with 1st Gen stuff is terrible, so I decided to go with proven record of the Ultrex and as a BBC Member saved a heck of a lotta cash by purchasing though BBC sponsor BBG Marine. Fished with it for the 4th time today and it’s all everyone said it would be. I got the 80# Bluetooth 45inch with 2d ducer.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I bought the first gen ultrex. I had every issue that those had. I'm told I'm getting a 4th gen on my new boat. I certainly hope Minn kota got all the bugs worked out. I'm told they do.
    I bought mine 2019, it’s been perfect. Probably the most important piece of fishing equipment on my boat.

11. Banned
    One reason getting the new model is that they hopefully worked out the bugs they had in the previous models,......and they did have some issues.

12. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Altro Cat View Post
    I wouldn't wait. And then at that time, when the new Ultrex is arriving, maybe 6 mos later Garmin and Lowrance are releasing an upgrade. Right now I see prices $700-1000 lower for the Ultrex compared to others. That won't be the case when the new Ultrex comes out.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD