Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Your rpms are low if that is correct reading . That boat should plane instantly not no 4 secounds.
    Buddy had same boat came with Apollo 17 pitch ran 43 with two fat boys loaded about 44 45 by himself.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainslinger1959 View Post
    Your rpms are low if that is correct reading . That boat should plane instantly not no 4 secounds.
    Buddy had same boat came with Apollo 17 pitch ran 43 with two fat boys loaded about 44 45 by himself.
    RPMs are low, so there may some room for improvement - Should be in the upper 5k range. Is that GPS speed with a flashed 75HP Fourstroke?

3. Member
    Not GPS if I were to submit a guess. Based on the prop slip calculator alone, what would prove near impossible.

In other news, I have been able to achieve 46-47 consistently with the 21" pitch Spitfire X7 with RPMs around 5350. I am on the hunt for a good used 19" pitch prop. Optimal prop-to-pad is around 4.5" with everything level.

4. Member
    19 pitch x7 will bring your rpm up more and decrease time to plane. May even gain some top speed. You want to turn as close to max rpm as possible. If your rpm is correct and speed is gps you still have a bit to gain.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    19 pitch x7 will bring your rpm up more and decrease time to plane. May even gain some top speed. You want to turn as close to max rpm as possible. If your rpm is correct and speed is gps you still have a bit to gain.
    From what I can tell, RPMs are accurate and the speed is indeed GPS. I agree about the 19" seeming to be the best fit. I am currently on the search for a good, used 19" either Laser 2 or Spitfire X7 (harder to come by). Will update as I am able.

6. Member
    Well I wanted to provide an update - I have been using the boat with the 21" Spitfire X7 prop and have been seeing nice top speed around 46-47mph @ 5200 RPM. The holeshot isn't great, so I have just traded my 21" prop for a 19" Michigan Wheel Apollo XHS. It will be here hopefully Wednesday, and I will provide another update after running it.
    93409471_2458458554256377_9035771271274561536_n.jpg92876215_227807328292376_5852326131201474560_n.jpg

That 21p is just too big. If youre going off the tach for your rpm numbers your picture is showing 5400 those hash marks are 200 rpm increments. Only way to really know is via a smartcraft instrument or vessel view. My stock tach on my new triton is about 300 rpm too low compared to smartcraft lol.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    That 21p is just too big. If youre going off the tach for your rpm numbers your picture is showing 5400 those hash marks are 200 rpm increments. Only way to really know is via a smartcraft instrument or vessel view. My stock tach on my new triton is about 300 rpm too low compared to smartcraft lol.
    Wow - what a brain fart; hash marks are indeed 200RPM. What is involved with getting Smartcraft?

9. Member
    Maybe look into the Mercury Vessel view mobile as another option

10. #FRB
    My water pressure speedo will jump from near accurate at 38ish to around 44mph when trimmed to optimal with maybe 1-2mph increase in actual gps speed. Me at 235lbs and loaded heavy with an Ultrex on the nose (the mount alone weighs about as much as a lot of other trolling motors or so it seems) 38-40 gps is what I'm getting with a 17p Powertech nrs3 and boat and 75 4-stroke in stock form. Put my 270ish pound buddy in the other seat and it MIGHT lose 1mph. Love how the 175txw hull just doesn't seem to care how it's loaded as long as the weight is towards the back.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by msupc View Post
    Wow - what a brain fart; hash marks are indeed 200RPM. What is involved with getting Smartcraft?
    Depends what you want to spend. The vessel view mobile is an option and is cost effective i think and you use your phone. I like the standalone mercmonitor setup myself put in place of your speedometer or tach it will tell you every detail about your motor customizable info pages etc. simply run a single data cable andninstall the gauge. They are kindof spendy at $750ish for the kit tho.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

12. Member
    So I was able to get out yesterday and try the 19" Michigan Wheel Apollo XHS, and the results were very good. The boat had a much improved holeshot versus the 21" Spitfire X7, and mid-range acceleration was great as well. Top speed was 47 mph @ 5800 RPM. I am very happy with the Michigan Wheel prop. It is very clearly much more performance oriented than the Vengeance prop (which is now for sell). My next step is to now move the jack plate up/down to see if I can squeeze a bit more out of this setup. Prop to pad is currently set at 4.5". I could again trim the prop all the way out without performance loss, which gives me hope that there is still some performance left on the table.

IMG_8770.JPGIMG_8773.JPG

13. #FRB
    I wonder how much difference that Apollo in 17p would be compared to my 17p Powertech nrs3?
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

14. Member
    I have ran this prop with a bit of cup added with good results.
    So I was able to get out yesterday and try the 19" Michigan Wheel Apollo XHS, and the results were very good. The boat had a much improved holeshot versus the 21" Spitfire X7, and mid-range acceleration was great as well. Top speed was 47 mph @ 5800 RPM. I am very happy with the Michigan Wheel prop. It is very clearly much more performance oriented than the Vengeance prop (which is now for sell). My next step is to now move the jack plate up/down to see if I can squeeze a bit more out of this setup. Prop to pad is currently set at 4.5". I could again trim the prop all the way out without performance loss, which gives me hope that there is still some performance left on the table.

IMG_8770.JPGIMG_8773.JPG

IMG_8770.JPGIMG_8773.JPG
    Glad you found a prop that handles and runs better. I think you can run that prop up to 4”-4.25” before you have any blowout issues. I ran mine around there and overall performance was best. Without re reading all this if you dont have a water pressure gauge you may want to get one before you run the motor up too high.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I wonder how much difference that Apollo in 17p would be compared to my 17p Powertech nrs3?
    I don't have any information to share regarding this, but I would venture to guess that the Apollo would not perform much differently than the NRS3. The NRS3 is described as being raked with extensive cupping for good lift, which is how I would describe the Apollo.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Glad you found a prop that handles and runs better. I think you can run that prop up to 4”-4.25” before you have any blowout issues. I ran mine around there and overall performance was best. Without re reading all this if you dont have a water pressure gauge you may want to get one before you run the motor up too high.
    Definitely pleased with the results. Was it the Laser 2 that you ran at 4"-4.25"? I do not have a water pressure gauge, however I have read online that monitoring the water output from the engine is a good indicator. Do you agree with this?

Yes that hieght was with the laser. That setup was not for best top speed that was for all around handling but it would still run 52ish with a passenger and 54-55 alone but as time went on i got alot more gear and those numbers slowed down lol. My best speed was the worked laser with the jack plate at 2.75” below but it was a handful and turning wasnt happening lol. Since its not a pad hull anywhere in the 4” range is gonna run well all around.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

19. #FRB
    I don't have any information to share regarding this, but I would venture to guess that the Apollo would not perform much differently than the NRS3. The NRS3 is described as being raked with extensive cupping for good lift, which is how I would describe the Apollo.
    Yeah that's what I was kinda thinking. Looked at my nrs3 yesterday and it does have quite a bit of cup on the tips and leading edge. Sure lifts my boat better than the stock aluminum POS did.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Did you buy chance try any of the Powertech Props? I have same boat and setup, with the flashed 75, and was told i should look at the Powertech PTR3 or the Ballistic XHS
    Last edited by ChanceG; 04-22-2020 at 06:23 PM.
    Always Ready!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast