Best Mapping Card

I have just ordered 2 Helix 12 GN2 Mega’s and I was curious what everyone was using for mapping cards. I has Platinum Navionics in my GN1 Solix units. I want to make the best purchase possible for a new mapping card. Also was considering Lakemaster card as well.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Member
    I have been using the Lakemaster in my Gen3's and very pleased with it. I think a lot depends on the lake(s) you fish and which brand has the best detail for that body of water.

3. Member
    Probably already know this but the Helix models can't share mapping across network like Solix models. So, you will need map card for each if you want coverage in both Helix units.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Probably already know this but the Helix models can't share mapping across network like Solix models. So, you will need map card for each if you want coverage in both Helix units.
    So I'm confused.. I just bought 2 helix 10 and I can't share waypoints etc. across network. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to all of this..

5. Member
    You can share waypoints just not maps.
    Don Johnson
    U S Navy ATC Retired
    NE Florida
    Boat Name TRON
    Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Bow
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI+ G3N w/Mega 360 mounted of Fishing Specialties 360 Mount
    Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI G2N
    Garmin GPSMAP 1042 XSV w/LiveScope mounted on Fishing Specialties Bowducer Assy
    Mini Kota Ulterra
    Console
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI+ G3N
    Garmin GPSMap 922
    Humminbird PiranaMAX for high speed depth readings

Quote Originally Posted by jrh_67 View Post
    So I'm confused.. I just bought 2 helix 10 and I can't share waypoints etc. across network. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to all of this..
    Waypoints are not mapping. Waypoints are GPS data and mapping is map data.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D Johnson View Post
    You can share waypoints just not maps.
    So if I mark a spot on a lakemaster map I can't share it to the other helix without it also having a lakemaster map card? Once again sorry for the ignorance..

So if I mark a spot on a lakemaster map I can't share it to the other helix without it also having a lakemaster map card? Once again sorry for the ignorance..
    You don't mark waypoints on the map, you mark waypoints on the Plotter screen. Makes no difference if you have a map displayed or not.
    A map is just a background on the Plotter screen.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Already covered but waypoints are like an overlay on whatever map view is being used. The reason I posted was the OP mentioned Solix models and didn't know if they were being replaced with the Helix models or combined with the Solix models. The Solix has different waypoint and map capabilities than the Helix models.

https://www.humminbird.com/support/f...units-together
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

10. Member
    I just had a Helix 10 Gen3 installed on my 89' Ranger...I bought a zero lines card today at Bass pro...do I need to also buy the Lakemaster DVD PC software if I'm only going to use the recorded mapping data on my console? I thought if I just bought the sd zero lines card I was all set if I don't plan on viewing/sharing on my computer....

Thanks in advance for your time/input....

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyfitz78 View Post
    I just had a Helix 10 Gen3 installed on my 89' Ranger...I bought a zero lines card today at Bass pro...do I need to also buy the Lakemaster DVD PC software if I'm only going to use the recorded mapping data on my console? I thought if I just bought the sd zero lines card I was all set if I don't plan on viewing/sharing on my computer....

Thanks in advance for your time/input....
    Lakemaster DVD PC is irrelevant.

A Zero Line Card inserted in the unit allows recording Auto Chart Live contour mapping directly to the card.
    The other choice for Auto Chart Live, is to record it directly to the unit's memory (has 8 hours of capacity), by not putting the Zero Line Card in the unit.

There is a sticky topic that discusses all of that, you should read all of it and THEN ask questions about what you don't understand.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=508722
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Wayne,

I appreciate the quick reply...I had read the post, bought the card today, and just panicked that I missed something as I got looked at reviews online of pc software...won't happen again sir. Thanks for the clarification...won't happen again.

Have a nice weekend,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyfitz78 View Post
    Wayne,

I appreciate the quick reply...I had read the post, bought the card today, and just panicked that I missed something as I got looked at reviews online of pc software...won't happen again sir. Thanks for the clarification...won't happen again.

Have a nice weekend,

Bob
    No problem, lots of good information on this site just have to be familiar where it is.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL