Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smally22 View Post
    Absolutely love my 19' Tundra Limited. Seeing the rust on the quarter panels and wheel wells of all the 10-15' GM trucks up here was enough to make me steer clear. I did have my truck undercoated with Ziebart when I drove it off the lot, as I plan to keep it till she croak's. So far it has proven to be a great choice :) Happy hunting!
    Are you really trying to say there arent toyota trucks with rust problems in the northern states?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    I had GMC vehicles for years. It seemed like after 100K miles I was always replacing wheel bearings and transmissions. I now have a 2019 Tundra. It only has 21K miles on it but so far I like it.
    My biggest fear...vehicle wise...owning a GM pickup out of warranty.

3. Member
    Tundra

Don’t forget the Nissan Titan. They did a remodel refresh for the 2020’s so they have a lot of 2019’s sitting on the parking lot that they are willing to make deals on. They have 0% financing and a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty on them.

As as far as being the most reliable, it’s hard to beat Toyota cars and trucks. Their’s a reason they are number 1 in automobile sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    No more flex fuel engines offered beginning in 2020.
    Sweet, I might consider a tundra if they are doing away with the flex fuel. That was my only complaint with the one I had.

6. Member
    Silverado

7. Member
    I'd like at a Ford.

8. Member
    It is your personal choice as to which you purchase, its your money and or payment. I have been in all major brand of pickups in the last few years. I am and will always drive a Ram. Ram is by far the best truck I have had in the last few years.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

9. Member
    You can get lemon's in either brand, look at the dealer and figure out which one will help you the most should you need them under warranty. If your planning on keeping the truck for the long haul then I'd would go with the chevy. Sooner or later they all break and generally the chevy is cheaper and easier to repair then the rest.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

10. Member
    Silverado 6.2 & 3.42 rear gear.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

11. Member
    Looking at the Trail boss Silverado myself....6.2 only comes with 3.23 gears 10 speed tranny though.
    Polish Power

Only thing that would steer me away from a Tundra right now is a looming model refresh. They're due for a redesign very soon.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kojimep View Post
    The Silverado with 8 speed and 3.23 rear end has better final ratio than the Tundra in every gear, even with the 4.30 rear, AND you still get 2 additional overdrive gears. If you get the 8 speed AND max tow even better. I'm not sure why this math seems so foreign to so many when it's really simple. That said either will pull the boat no issues. I have the 6.2/8speed/3.23 and it's been great.

Regarding mileage for whatever it's worth, I've never ran 87 in the 6.2, but I have tried 88/e15 a couple of times and the mileage on the highway was just as good as using 91+, but I have not tried anything except 91+ when towing.

Attachment 395264
    Agree with all of this (exc. I run premium all the time in mine). I have the same exact truck. I wonder how many here who brag about the Tundra power have ever driven a 6.2 GM.....
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    The max tow package is the only way to get the 3.42 ratio with the 5.3. All other packages are 3.23. You can also get the 10sp with the 5.3 in 2020 models, but not the 2019's. The 5.3, 10 speed, 3.42 combo will pull just fine.
    Seems like all i'm seeing around me is the 5.3/3.42/8speed.....i've seen a few mention the 10 speed but havent seen any of those, of course i havent looked at EVERY truck.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

15. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
    It is your personal choice as to which you purchase, its your money and or payment. I have been in all major brand of pickups in the last few years. I am and will always drive a Ram. Ram is by far the best truck I have had in the last few years.
    I know that....just trying to get info of who had what and good or bad......i could have had a truck last year but havent gotten out there to really look around....my wife said the other night that from someone getting a new truck sure doesnt have any fire under his azz to get one....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

16. Member
    I traded a 17 Limited Tundra for a 20 1794 Tundra I love the truck and the lack of "bells and whistles". Although my 1794 has more creature comforts than my Limited its not over the top.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    Are you really trying to say there arent toyota trucks with rust problems in the northern states?
    I can't remember the last time I've seen a 2007 or newer Tundra with the rear wheel wells rusted through. If they aren't rusted through yet they usually have the paint bubbling up over the wheel wells from the rust underneath. It's extremely common to see it on the big 3 trucks. Body rust is a bigger issue on Big 3 vehicles in general, I don't see a lot rusted out Hondas or Toyotas. Not sure what they do different.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningmusky View Post
    Tundra is a much better quality build.
    I don't think that statement holds true anymore, ten years ago maybe but not now.
    I think the big four all make good trucks today... but they all spit out a lemon once in a while!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WOZ View Post
    Looking at the Trail boss Silverado myself....6.2 only comes with 3.23 gears 10 speed tranny though.
    You can still get an NHT truck(max tow), but doubtful you'll find one on hand, anywhere. You'll have to order.

20. Member
    Nope- but take a close look as you drive down the road and start comparing visible rust across all the brands. I am well aware of the frame issues Toyota has been dealing with, but its night and day difference in body rust with GM vs. the rest. I understand all will start aging over time, but GM's show signs awfully fast.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast