Thread: Weed Seeds

Weed Seeds

So while the spraying continues, where is the replenishment efforts of favorable SAV? In any other managed environment, like forestry, farming, or my front lawn, we focus on establishing the best conditions. For our waters, should not the regulators efforts be the encouragement or planting of favorable SAV species, and perhaps creating other favorable structural conditions. You would think they (Dept of Agriculture) would do that, right?

Now your asking for a little too much. Two government agencies working together. Good luck!
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

3. Member
    That is a very good question. You would think the FWC would want to re-seed so they would have something to kill for generations to come..

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    That is a very good question. You would think the FWC would want to re-seed so they would have something to kill for generations to come..
    No they will just continually spray the dead/mucky water.
    Brad Krone

5. Member
    I was the only fisherman at the FWC meeting in West Palm Beach last night. It was only about Okeechobee, But I did talk to some about other lakes. Istokpoga they talked about a planting of a few aquatic veggies. Will see what the future holds.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

6. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    If im building something and two buckets of mud get in the street they wear my ash out. Go to cut a tree or clear debris they wear my ash out. But they can just spray and do whatever they want.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

7. Member
    Seed bank is already present but without favorable conditions you won’t see a noticeable increase of vegetation

8. Member
    We planted peppergrass in Okeechobee with a biologist from fwc a week weeks ago. Ramon from Roland's helped put it together. Some of it took hold and they did it again last week. We are hoping to get a permit to do it on our own soon. We have an unlimited supply of it in some local ponds

9. Member
    At this point ACoE and FWC has poisoned the bottom of the StJohns to the point I doubt anything would grow. Glysophate doesn't break down once it bonds with the mud in the bottom of the water.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs