Humminbird Ethernet

For those of you running Humminbirds, have any of you guys installed the ethernet hub? Wondering where to put the hub and run the cables

2. Member
    Yes I re-ran all ethernet and put a hub in on mine. I installed the hub directly under the console and on the left side up top of the flat fiberglass! Its the same fiberglass portion where your scissors and ruler sit on just on the inside of the console. Perfect spot.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scum_frog View Post
    Yes I re-ran all ethernet and put a hub in on mine. I installed the hub directly under the console and on the left side up top of the flat fiberglass! Its the same fiberglass portion where your scissors and ruler sit on just on the inside of the console. Perfect spot.
    Awesome! I assume then the wires run perfectly as well since there are wire routes under the console. I think I'll need to get an extension cable for the Ultrex ethernet cable.

4. Member
    Ya its pretty easy from there.....I ran everything I could to that hub......when you do so try remembering and marking or printing on a label maker whats what before you forget.....it will make your life way easier in the future. After doing all that I ran a kill switch in the back of the boat so when boat isnt in use I turn everything off so no chance on draining batteries or issues.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scum_frog View Post
    Ya its pretty easy from there.....I ran everything I could to that hub......when you do so try remembering and marking or printing on a label maker whats what before you forget.....it will make your life way easier in the future. After doing all that I ran a kill switch in the back of the boat so when boat isnt in use I turn everything off so no chance on draining batteries or issues.
    For sure, I think I'm going to use a fuse tap to the fuse box, that way the killswitch and power switch will still work on the ethernet hub and the fishfinders. Just got my bass boat tech dual mount installed today, super solid and sturdy piece of equipment. After that it's epoxying the stern saver, routing the transducer, connecting the cables. The upgrade grind never ends.

6. Member
    haha it never does! BBT mounts are best out there. Only ones I will run!