2018 PT190TX Driver Seat Storage

Does anyone know of/if we can mod to open this back up for storage space? Prior years allowed the seat to come up like it does on the passenger but they sealed it off in latter years. Not sure why.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

2. Member
    I read on here it was because the cushion would sometimes touch the throttle and that it was a liability issue. There is probably foam in their but if you cut a hole and pull the foam out I imagine it will work.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I read on here it was because the cushion would sometimes touch the throttle and that it was a liability issue. There is probably foam in their but if you cut a hole and pull the foam out I imagine it will work.
    Wow didn’t really think about that. It makes sense. I need to figure out how I can replicate it with the passenger and initially get the actual seat off the bench. Can’t seem to figure out how they attached it but I also didn’t spend much time investigating. Figured I’d ask to see if anyone has already done it. Thanks!
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jyu87 View Post
    Wow didn’t really think about that. It makes sense. I need to figure out how I can replicate it with the passenger and initially get the actual seat off the bench. Can’t seem to figure out how they attached it but I also didn’t spend much time investigating. Figured I’d ask to see if anyone has already done it. Thanks!
    There’s a carpeted flange on the front with two screws. The center section of the seat back is Velcro’d on. There’s a third screw beneath that holding the bottom on.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    There’s a carpeted flange on the front with two screws. The center section of the seat back is Velcro’d on. There’s a third screw beneath that holding the bottom on.
    Hmm, I'll try to check this out this weekend. If you happen to have pics, feel free to send my way if you are bored. :) Thanks!
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80