2011 Terrova with I-Pilot

Can earlier model Terrova's with I-pilot be upgraded with a newer head so they hold better with spot lock?
    Jim
    Garmin 93 sv plus, LVS32
    Helix 10 SI Mega
    Helix 7 DI G2N
    20.5 Duracraft Center console
    Madison, Ms
    Vietnam Veteran 69-70

I called Minn Kota this morning and they told me Terrova's with I-Pilot made prior to 2017 CAN'T be converted to the new technology that keeps you with 5 feet with spot lock. I called my local Minn Kota service center guy to discuss it with him and he said he thought they were giving me the sell up runaround so he called them. He called me back and said it could be converted for about $2500.00 and I'd be better off to buy a new one. Case closed.
    Jim
    Garmin 93 sv plus, LVS32
    Helix 10 SI Mega
    Helix 7 DI G2N
    20.5 Duracraft Center console
    Madison, Ms
    Vietnam Veteran 69-70

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duhwhat View Post
    I called Minn Kota this morning and they told me Terrova's with I-Pilot made prior to 2017 CAN'T be converted to the new technology that keeps you with 5 feet with spot lock. I called my local Minn Kota service center guy to discuss it with him and he said he thought they were giving me the sell up runaround so he called them. He called me back and said it could be converted for about $2500.00 and I'd be better off to buy a new one. Case closed.
    HUMM That seem a little high. I looked for a kit, but I did not see it on the list I have. I priced out all the major components that you need and it was a little over $600. I didn't price everything. There are some minor things I believe you will need. Even though it will be around $800 in parts. Worse case labor would probably run around $250- $300. I can't believe it would run more than $1000. Still pricey though. I think if it were me I would buy new to get the warranty for 2 years. New would run you $1850 with 60" shaft and a foot pedal and remote would be included. this is fresh water.