2005 vmax 200 vx200trld injector questions

New to me motor and first time with a Yamaha and efi. Motor has 373 hours on it and has always ran 91 non ethanol with ring free and a fuel treatment. Question is should I worry about injectors being dirty and in need of cleaning or from experience would it be safe to run another year and clean over downtime next winter?

2. Member
    Costs about $45cdn to get them cleaned and flow tested from the few places I've found without the hassle of going through customs

If you want to send them south it'll be about $25+usd per injector and Hydrotec or Brucato would be good options.

Just make sure to number them so when you get them back you can put them back in the same position.

I plan on sending mine in next winter as I've a lot less hours on mine but getting them checked every other year isn't a bad idea. $250-$300 to get them all checked.

I also run 91 with RingFree and Marine Stabil if it will sit for any longer than a couple of weeks.

Hope that helps.

I'll add if you don't know how well the motor was looked after before it may not be a bad idea to get it done this year as we've still got a month or so of winter left anyway
    Current: 2006 ~ 20i ~ 250 HPDI ~ T1-25p
    Previous: 2005 ~ ZX 225 ~ 250 HPDI Phase III - TXP 26p

3. Member
    whats the name of the place in Canada? also is it hard to remove and reinstall?

4. Member
    I haven't used them but it's one place that looked to provide a similar level of service.. based in MB:

https://injectorservice.com/
    Current: 2006 ~ 20i ~ 250 HPDI ~ T1-25p
    Previous: 2005 ~ ZX 225 ~ 250 HPDI Phase III - TXP 26p