Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I don't boycott anyone. If I like their product or store, I will buy the product from any store. I figure if someone says something or do something and I decide to boycott them, there will be others on the other side of the boycott that will go there just because of what they said or did. So where is the hurt you're trying to put on them.

I won't buy a Ford because I got burned by an '89 F350 that was a POS. I'm not boycotting them, I just don't like their product. I don't like Kyle Busch but I do like M&M's so I still buy M&M's. Just the way I look at it!

Give a man a fish and he\'ll have dinner, teach a man to fish and he\'ll be late for dinner!

1995 200ZX Skeeter
    Merc XRi 200
    MinnKota MaxxumPro 101

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    When it comes to group boycotts from people, i tend to ignore the reasons. As an individual there are companies i refuse to do business with for my own reasons. I do not go on social media and request others join me. I don't think there is anyone who can say there isn't one company or another they won't do business with and it doesn't always have to do with something negative. I might never do business with Ford because I like my GM vehicles but i'm not trying to put Ford out of business. It is however a passive boycott of Ford. Just using that as an example.
    +1. My reasons are mine and mine only. No need to enlist the rest of the world. I march to my own drumbeat and there are just certain companies or organizations ai choose not to do business with. Whether anyone else agrees with my decision dont mean shat.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

3. Member
    Nobody lost their job at Gander because of any boycott. Gander was poorly run business that was reopened with a equally poor business plan that failed. There is no evidence that I'm aware of that boycotting businesses even works. If anything the free publicity probably helps.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Do you all have a database somewhere you check before going shopping? Or just go with if you don't know their values assume they are exactly the same as you?
    Yes,

Why are you so upset by people choosing where to spend money?
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

5. Member
    If the company has a product I like or is convenient, I generally don't boycott much. That hurts me and my convenience more than it would hurt the CEO. What I do sometimes do is blast them on the internet. Chipotle, for example- I remind people every chance I get about their "constant E coli and norovirus issues", dirty workers and "suspected food poisoning I got" (even though I eat there on occasion). Public bad press and negative advertising lets me hurt them without having to inconvenience myself. If advertising works, so should NEGATIVE advertising. Live by social media, die by social media.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    If the company has a product I like or is convenient, I generally don't boycott much. That hurts me and my convenience more than it would hurt the CEO. What I do sometimes do is blast them on the internet. Chipotle, for example- I remind people every chance I get about their "constant E coli and norovirus issues", dirty workers and "suspected food poisoning I got" (even though I eat there on occasion). Public bad press and negative advertising lets me hurt them without having to inconvenience myself. If advertising works, so should NEGATIVE advertising. Live by social media, die by social media.
    Bingo

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Yeah, like boycotting a business is really going to hurt the CEO.
    No words are more true than this.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    OK help me understand this, businessman gets butt hurt over politics told people he doesn't want their business .
    And not to shop there and the people who don't shop there are the bad guys
    You got it
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

9. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Yes,

Why are you so upset by people choosing where to spend money?
    Ha ha ha...you get "upset" out of that post.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

10. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chautauquanuy View Post
    I guess this was the heart of my original post. Some people that are hurt the most by a boycott share exactly the same values as you. They are unintended casualties of the boycott while the CEO's that made the statement have their millions to fall back on.
    Imho this saying the people whom value and stand by their morals and way of life are the bad guys is ridiculous. Because of the idiotic decisions made at the top I would not work for them and I will not buy from them. If that puts them out of business so be it. Then they need to look up the chain as to why they do not have a job, not at me because I'm not buying from someone who drew the line in the sand. Some make no sense whatsoever!

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Ha ha ha...you get "upset" out of that post.
    I get haughtiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    I get haughtiness.
    I like your word better.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

13. Member
    For me it all depends if the product is made here in the states. Take Levi's for instance. Was a US company many years ago, and about 30 years ago they started making them in Russia. Ive never bought another pair. Hard telling where they are made now. Now for cars we are pretty well screwed, but we still have some things made in the Usa for them,, same with assembly

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    Imho this saying the people whom value and stand by their morals and way of life are the bad guys is ridiculous. Because of the idiotic decisions made at the top I would not work for them and I will not buy from them. If that puts them out of business so be it. Then they need to look up the chain as to why they do not have a job, not at me because I'm not buying from someone who drew the line in the sand. Some make no sense whatsoever!
    I am not saying that the people who stand by their morals are the bad guys. I support people who are firm in their beliefs. I agree that retailer CEO's must be very careful in making public statements to avoid alienating customers. I find no logic in retailer CEO's making any political statement.

But the fact is, all large companies have employees who have varied political views. Some share your views, some that don't. Likewise, employees political views may not align with the senior executives of the companies that employ them. I just hate to hurt innocent workers.

Personally, I would never boycott an American company. If I boycott any company, it would be a foreign company.

Most companies make no public political statements. However through lobbyist or through direct corporate contributions they support specific political beliefs or interests. Their employees may never know who or what the company supports. You may or may not agree with their political stances, you just don't know what they are.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

Sweet contest of who can look down on who we have going on lol

16. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chautauquanuy View Post
    I am not saying that the people who stand by their morals are the bad guys. I support people who are firm in their beliefs. I agree that retailer CEO's must be very careful in making public statements to avoid alienating customers. I find no logic in retailer CEO's making any political statement.

But the fact is, all large companies have employees who have varied political views. Some share your views, some that don't. Likewise, employees political views may not align with the senior executives of the companies that employ them. I just hate to hurt innocent workers.

Personally, I would never boycott an American company. If I boycott any company, it would be a foreign company.

Most companies make no public political statements. However through lobbyist or through direct corporate contributions they support specific political beliefs or interests. Their employees may never know who or what the company supports. You may or may not agree with their political stances, you just don't know what they are.
    I get what you are saying and I don't think anyone would intentionally make it personal to the workers. They are casualties and no one to blame but the higher ups that make the remarks, gestures, political stands etc... We or I will not sit by and support them. I've always been the type to take the high road to save someone's feelings, pain or whatever even if it meant hurting mine. Being the nice guy lately gets you trampled on and taken advantage of...no more for me.

17. Member
    Tell 'em Jerry...
    Wave Therapy

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Sweet contest of who can look down on who we have going on lol
    Sure is.... funny how this happens.

19. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    I get haughtiness.
    Nope, I realized a long time ago average people, like all of us, are no better than the others. Pedophiles, rapist and the like are the subpar. For this discussion I find it funny people add drama for no other reason than comments which have no bearing on our lives. The drama caused has zero effect to the person who made the initial comment. They have the right to make which ridiculous comment they want, we all have the right to decide where we shop, and we all have the right to find the added drama to a simple thing like a little shopping rather funny.

The irony of the word you chose is the reason a good portion of those "boycotting" is merely to show everyone else how special they are....
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

It's kind of funny that several looking down on the boycotting thing are also the ones that are adamant about not shopping at Walmart. If you look at it the right way, it's basically the same thing.

Not really. A person that doesn't want to shop at a certain business doesn't mean that person is boycotting the business. There are other businesses I don't shop at, doesn't mean I am boycotting them. I only shop a few car parts businesses, i'm not boycotting the others.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast