Braidwood opener

Anyone participating? I swore I'd never do it with all the knuckleheads I see out there, but I think I'm going to give it a go. I was recommended to wait and get there after the 6a rush as people camp out at midnight?! Wtf

2. Member
    I'm planning on it but the weather is not looking good that weekend so far. No matter what there will still be a line.
    Also all tournaments have been moved to the south ramp this year due to complaints from the cemetery.
    Please release me,let me go.

3. Member
    Not worth the hassle
    Nitro z21

Man, I can remember the days when the Braidwood opener was a yearly ritual. there were a couple years when I was the 1st truck/boat in line by getting there at 9PM and proceeding to drink beer until I fell asleep...lol. By the early 90's it seemed like the trucks would be lined up out to the cemetery, no matter what time you arrived on Friday night. Looking back, it seems like it was pretty stupid, but a lot of people don't realize what it is like to love Bass fish'n so much yet living in an area that is just not really conducive to it...especially in Dec, Jan., and Feb. A man can only tie so many jigs and spinnerbaits during those Winter months before its time to just brave the weather and get out there!! Good luck to you guys that go and be careful. I'll probably go pound on Clinton for a few hours On Sunday.

5. Member
    What cracks me up is the people or the bodies in this case - the ones in the cemetery....complaining...lol In all fairness, the guy that closes down the north ramp in the summer is a douche. He " adjusts " the hours and yells at people so he can go home.

6. Member
    I honestly can't wait. I have a new boat, several new rods, and my bibs ready. I could care less how I do I'm just pumped that fishing season is here.

I'm hoping to go Monday.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I honestly can't wait. I have a new boat, several new rods, and my bibs ready. I could care less how I do I'm just pumped that fishing season is here.
    Same. Minus the boat and rods thing. But several new screens I need to dial in. Hoping the crowds aren't terribly irritating, maybe the cold will keep some folks home. Not worried about the fish as they should continue to reload throughout the day despite the onslaught of baits thrown at them....

9. Member
    Looks like the temps will bring everyone out Sunday. Not sure how bad the crowds will actually be, but I anticipate it being tough to find water to fish

10. Member
    What date is the actual opening day?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebait View Post
    What date is the actual opening day?
    3/1 6am

12. Member
    Thanks!

13. Member
    So, according to the app on my phone - weather is going to be super nice around noonish.

weather.jpg

Which means this place is going to be a madhouse. For all that is holy in fishing, someone take video!

14. Member
    Might not be a bad idea to set up a parking lot tailgate just to watch the show that is loading/unloading

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by purduephigam View Post
    Might not be a bad idea to set up a parking lot tailgate just to watch the show that is loading/unloading
    I'm leaving my boat at home and will walk out across all the boats to get where I need to go.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryPF View Post

Which means this place is going to be a madhouse. For all that is holy in fishing, someone take video!
    ^^^ YES
    2018 Bass Cat Sabre, 150 HP Pro XS, Helix 10s