Chick - Any boat ramps to stay away from?

Planning on a quick trip to the Chick. Thinking of using Wolftever boat ramp and have never used it before, and I remember a post of certain ramps to stay away from because of theft.

Wanting an idea of good ramps and bad ramps. I've used a ramp at Holy Park by Soddy, and it was nice.

Thanks!

2. Member
    I always use Cottonport (up river), Grasshopper (midlake), and Dayton (upper/mid). I have used Wolftever, but the ramp wasn't in good shape, but it may have been fixed since then. Had a huge whole on one side of the ramp last time I used it.
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

The ramp at Wolf Tever is fine and it’s steep so you can usually put in when the water is low. They just replaced the dock but it’s still a little tricky if you are loading and unloading by yourself. If you use the ramp try to get parking on the lower lot if possible.

The ramp at Harrison Bay State Park is nice but really flat so kinda challenging to load and unload without getting your feet wet if you are by yourself. No issue with theft.

Chester Frost Park ramp...stay in the middle lane of the ramp at all cost, especially if the water is low and no theft issues.

Chickamauga Dam ramp, no issues with loading and unloading and no theft issues. It’s patrolled.

Grasshopper Ramp is nice but you have to pay to launch. No theft issues.

Soddy Creek/Holly Circle is nice but a guys boat was stolen there recently so I would avoid it. He dropped it in the water, tied it to the dock and someone jumped in it an took off when he went to park his truck.

4. Member
    Stratos21XL has good advice.

The only one I have consistently heard to avoid is Skull Island (up a bit and across from the nuclear towers).

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the first hand knowledge.

Looks like there is a ramp in Sale Creek. Sale Creek recreation area, looks to probably be a pay ramp. How is that ramp?

7. Banned
    With the lake 8 foot low as of right now, 675.02, most all ramps could end you up on the short end with wheels falling off the end. Wolftever and HB would be my two choices.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by axis View Post
    Looks like there is a ramp in Sale Creek. Sale Creek recreation area, looks to probably be a pay ramp. How is that ramp?
    Was down that way yesterday and the ramp was full of trucks and trailers so apparently its useable. Sign said 5 dollars a day and 40 for a pass.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB