Thread: New Ulterra

New Ulterra

Every where I look there is no 36V 45" Ulterra with the Ilink. Anyone else see this or am I just looking under the wrong rock? Also, how many put the Ulterra on their boats vice the Ultrex. I am not a tournament fisherman but use the trolling motor more than the average bassaholic. I fish alone 75% of the time and the self deploying feature would make lauching alone much easier.

Thank You!

2. Member
    I love my 80# Ulterra. Makes solo launch easy and its feature rich. Mine isn't the LINK but is over 3 years old and has been flawless.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

3. Member
    I put a 80 link on last year and absolutely love it. I don’t tournament fish and fish alone 80% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Every where I look there is no 36V 45" Ulterra with the Ilink. Anyone else see this or am I just looking under the wrong rock? Also, how many put the Ulterra on their boats vice the Ultrex. I am not a tournament fisherman but use the trolling motor more than the average bassaholic. I fish alone 75% of the time and the self deploying feature would make lauching alone much easier.

Thank You!
    I'm sure you know what you want is available in the 60" shaft version. Since your handle is Rangerdeepv, is there something preventing the use of a 60" shaft? All of the deep v models on Rangers build site only shows the 60" shaft as an option for the Ulterra.
    Last edited by Coastal Mountaineer; 02-20-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

5. Member
    Ranger, The site where you build your own can be confusing. Each time you change an option you have to carefully check to see if any of the options have changed. As soon as you pick ipilot link and 45" it will change the motor option from 36 to 24 volts. It does not give any notice other than the option you picked prior will change. If you want link and 36 volts you have to select a longer shaft. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Banned
    WOW.... 21 foot boats should have a 55ft/lb or 70ft/lb trolling motor according to Minn Kota.... Its minimum but can you imagine a 55# on a 21ft bassboat.

MK Recomend.PNG

7. Member
    You need to look at the weight of the boat as well as the size. Minimum must be zero wind/current. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

8. Member
    Ok............Thank You for all the answers. Used to be Lundeepv then bought a Reata 186 and changed to Rangerdeepv. The 186 was a great boat but did not fish nowhere near as easy the Z119 which sits in the garage.

I've had both of them and am using an Ultrex now , one day I will need a new TM and might go with the Ghost due to the fact it doesn't have the coiled wire to deal with .