Falcon 205 tilts left when getting on plane...

Just got a new 2020 F205 and have noticed it tilts left towards passenger side when getting on plane. Any one else seeing this and possibly know a way to prevent it? Was told they made changes to the 2020 models from 2019 to help correct this but obviously it didn't work. Just curious to see what others are seeing. Thanks

2. Member
    3 TM batteries on that side? loaded to be balanced rt to left? engine torque? stratos boats do that a lot but get straight when on plane
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Both of the 205’s I’ve had rigged with G2’s had a little wobble right before they broke over on plane. They go nose up, wobble, and then pop right over. Mines never leaned just to one side. The wobble just feels like it’s settling in. Nothing I’ve been concerned about.

4. Member
    I know I don't have mine weighted out correctly yet but just trying to figure out if once I get it loaded will that reduce the nose lift and tilt to the left on take off..Came with a 23 pitch Fury prop on Merc 250. What prop is everyone else running? Other than the take off the boat is awesome!

5. Member
    My 205 especially by myself will rocket straight up and do a slight wobble and fall immediately....i mean its seconds and minuscule its up and down so fast. I cant wait to see how it is once these Lithiums are in!
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

6. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Is the hole shot extremely quick and you are not trimming up fast enough?? It seems that may be it especially since you are running a 23P Prop on a 250. I would guess more like a 25P on that combo but I could be wrong. If I linger too long once on plane before I rim up the boat will dig left side nose down until I get the trim up and it frees the bow.

And yes, weight distribution is extremely important with high performance hulls. Side to side especially when running up on the pad. Most likely if you are solo you will lean right just idling straight. In Allison we normally weigh all our gear so we know how to move stuff around runing solo and then with a passenger. After a while we et a feel for it and know what to move where.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

7. Member
    Most high performance narrow bottom bass boats will lean a little to the portside when coming out of the hole, just bump the trim up a little and it will straighten up.

8. Member
    Ya if your only running a 23p on that boat is sounds like Id go more to like a 25-26p and you shouldnt have as much of an issue?
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

9. Member
    My basscat does the same thing. Not sure there is anyway around it.

10. Member
    Do you have all pvs ports open on the Fury?