Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So whats the question ?

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    My thoughts also.. When (whomever) it is, puts it in print. I feel it's legit..
    I thinking this is what u are referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I thinking this is what u are referring to?
    I'm not referring to anything. Still trying to figure out what your referring to ?
    Curious as to what you are looking for in writing.
    Get the feeling your trying to make something out of nothing. I'm simply agreeing with what high 2 posted about Rick or (whomever) it is that posts as BCB. If you will go back and read the whole thread again you will see I also agree with BCB about the mis information concerning speed loss that the OP was asking about.

I'm sorry Lt. , read it wrong.

No problem. I totally understand.
    I have all the respect in the world for BCB the product and the knowledge they share

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    That is not what we have found. The Four Stroke Pro XS version we find running just slightly behind the two stroke in most cases. In a fair percentage of instances we have seen performance actually improve for some previous owners. It mostly depends on the age of the products. A lot of that has to do with the amount of options on older rigs and more options on newer rigs. Those options add weight that a 2010 model year boat may not have had. Power Poles were a seldom found item on consumer boats in 2007-2014. Today many boats have them and they weigh a lot. Add on larger graphs, bigger boats and more items and you have a significant variable that extends itself beyond the motor.

We were directly involved with the testing on this original Pro XS development. The boat we used was an Eyra with a 250 Pro XS 2 Stroke, which we moved several four stroke engines to, and we also moved a direct competitors popular four stroke to. That boat has a significant amount of testing done and data analysis that was extremely high level. We saw improved mid range and bottom end performance, slightly less fuel mileage and we saw an insignificant decrease in top end performance. Throughout the testing details were reviewed and they dispute the 6-8 MPH loss that you indicate.

We think the only similar level of comparison would be doing an engine only swap and comparing these both setup and loaded similarly. You also have to be sure both are propped correctly for their styles of engines and loads. We have done that and we dispute the claims of speed loss.

We have yet to require setup on a laptop that is special, though they do require computers initially.
    Well i got my answer this week. Had the new four stroke installed and all i can say is WOW!!!! Effortless hole-shot even with three on board, 78-79 with only 2 hrs on the motor with live wells full and 20 gal of fuel. Without a doubt BCB was spot on with this post. Thanks BCB

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fredcarl View Post
    Well i got my answer this week. Had the new four stroke installed and all i can say is WOW!!!! Effortless hole-shot even with three on board, 78-79 with only 2 hrs on the motor with live wells full and 20 gal of fuel. Without a doubt BCB was spot on with this post. Thanks BCB

What setup are running? Model prop and engine height?

8. Banned
    running a stock 25 Fury on a Puma FTD DC, have not measured engine height ,but pretty sure it is 3 " below pad. I have a hydraulic plate and found out the Furys run best on this boat at 3". I tried higher but it actually slowed down.
    This motor just has 2.3 hrs on it so i know it will loosen up a little more and 80 mph will be no problem.

9. Member
    Good to hear. As mentioned, once you hang a 4S on, you will forget about 2S. My Classic with a 200 V8 4S is a rocket with a 24 Fury 3.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Glad the information was accurate on your rig. All rigs vary and remember to drop an inch when going four stroke.

11. Banned
    BCB are you saying drop a inch in pitch or an extra inch in engine height? I already had the 25 Fury and it turns almost 6100 with only 2.3 hrs on the motor. We only carry tackle in rear two boxes . JUST A CUSHION and rain suits in front

12. Member
    Pitch. The 4-strokes rev a little higher.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

13. Member
    Your very light. If your getting 6100 RPM's your good.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

I have not seen numbers locally but over my years of reading the 2011-2012 boats with 250s ran like scalded dogs compared to 2016-18's someone mentioned the de tune.. I believe it. And I think driver is alot of it/ as stated load and set up. I can tell you I keep an eye on the birds' and there were a few already fast boats on there, that have re powered and are the opposite of what you were told. Some of them a good 3-5 mph faster with their new 4's. As with anything new... Ill let someone else test it out a bit before I jump in lol
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    That is not what we have found. The Four Stroke Pro XS version we find running just slightly behind the two stroke in most cases. In a fair percentage of instances we have seen performance actually improve for some previous owners. It mostly depends on the age of the products. A lot of that has to do with the amount of options on older rigs and more options on newer rigs. Those options add weight that a 2010 model year boat may not have had. Power Poles were a seldom found item on consumer boats in 2007-2014. Today many boats have them and they weigh a lot. Add on larger graphs, bigger boats and more items and you have a significant variable that extends itself beyond the motor.

We were directly involved with the testing on this original Pro XS development. The boat we used was an Eyra with a 250 Pro XS 2 Stroke, which we moved several four stroke engines to, and we also moved a direct competitors popular four stroke to. That boat has a significant amount of testing done and data analysis that was extremely high level. We saw improved mid range and bottom end performance, slightly less fuel mileage and we saw an insignificant decrease in top end performance. Throughout the testing details were reviewed and they dispute the 6-8 MPH loss that you indicate.

We think the only similar level of comparison would be doing an engine only swap and comparing these both setup and loaded similarly. You also have to be sure both are propped correctly for their styles of engines and loads. We have done that and we dispute the claims of speed loss.

We have yet to require setup on a laptop that is special, though they do require computers initially.

so just to clarify, are you saying that the 4 strokes are less fuel efficient than the 2 strokes or the other way around?
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I have not seen numbers locally but over my years of reading the 2011-2012 boats with 250s ran like scalded dogs compared to 2016-18's someone mentioned the de tune.. I believe it. And I think driver is alot of it/ as stated load and set up. I can tell you I keep an eye on the birds' and there were a few already fast boats on there, that have re powered and are the opposite of what you were told. Some of them a good 3-5 mph faster with their new 4's. As with anything new... Ill let someone else test it out a bit before I jump in lol
    Louie here is what i can tell you . I had a 2018 and listened to all that B.S. about 2018 being detuned. I have a friend that is a Mercury certified master mechanic and has been involved with Mercury Racing for 20 yrs. I ask him about mercury detuning the 2018's and Mercury said that is false info. I know my 2018 ran almost 78 with a 25 Fury with full tournament load pushing a Puma ftd DC ,with that said the new four stroke is unreal on hole shot , almost effortless, Top end is 1-3 mph faster. Still only has 2.4 hrs so it will loosen up some more.BTW the fuel mileage is awesome. Best move i have made

17. Member
    After running two four strokes on different boats my experience is the four stroke 250 pro xs is hair faster, better on the bottom, better acceleration, and worse on fuel economy by a touch or two.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Addison View Post
    After running two four strokes on different boats my experience is the four stroke 250 pro xs is hair faster, better on the bottom, better acceleration, and worse on fuel economy by a touch or two.
    You can take Phil's experience and comments to the bank.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    You can take Phil's experience and comments to the bank.
    Thats right, if its out there he has tested it then some!
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12