Help! Lost my boat keys!

Been looking for hours for my boat keys and think I may have accidentally left them on my bumper! All I need is the ignition and boat locker keys....and the Mrs. swears she didn't hide them from me! Any help is appreciated. It's a '08 Z9.
    Last edited by bqtoot; 02-19-2020 at 06:52 PM. Reason: added boat

It's a Nitro, anything will work. LOL
    JK good luck
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    I'd be calling White River Marine first thing in the morning.
    See if you can get a stock number off the locker locks for reference.

Ignition key might have to come from Mercury

I'd call a couple actual boat shops and ask them what they need to get you a key, I pulled a boat into a shop and asked, the guy went and grabbed 5 keys came out and tried them and POW it worked in about 2 minutes, no disassembly, no bill.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

For most locks & ignitions on boats they only make a certain key set like less than 5. Across all brands. I bet your buddy's boat key for a merc stand a decent chance of working.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Any local dealer should be able to help you out. They will most likely have your key in stock.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

7. Member
    Thanks guys. Took everyone's suggestions and went to my local dealership. They had a bunch of extra keys so it wasn't long before they found what I needed. Interestingly they also found that some Mercury and Yamaha keys are interchangeable. Lesson learned and will be keeping spares in different locations. Thanks again.

8. Member
    I've got an older NX750, only came with one key, young guy at our local hardware store found the only match was with a tractor ignition key, cut it, good to go

9. Member
    Mercury also has a master key that can be used in any mercury ignition. When I had my old nitro I forgot to give my mechanic the keys when he was winterizing it and he pulled out the master to show me. If you ever have an issue you can contact any mercury mechanic or WRM group dealer and they should be able to hook you up.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

10. Member
    Spare boat keys in the truck, spare truck keys in the boat, has saves me a few times.

Order mine on Amazon. Now I have 5 keys.

12. Member
    And keep one extra on your truck keys! I forgot my boat keys in my truck one day, so it saved me having to go all the way back to my truck to get it. I ordered my spare from ebay...

13. Member
    Yes there are only a few keys I stopped at a dealer the other day and bought all the had