Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    That’s who I’m with, very familiar with the area and the airport. Lots of pilots and flight attendants around us. It takes me about 50 minute to get to the airport with a couple other options just as quick. One highway is being built which will make another very nice route to the airport and may be quicker also. We live in Magnolia which is Montgomery County. We lived in The Woodlands for ten years. Where I live doesn’t have any flooding issues, lots of nice neighborhoods and I’m about 25-30 minutes from Lake Conroe.

My wife will be glad to show y'all around whenever you visit. Just message me and I can give you her number. She’s with Better Homes and Garden Real Estate. No obligations whatsoever, my wife was a flight attendant also so they have something in common and she’s familiar with the area.
    How is the fishing on that Lake Conroe?

Last weekend it was tough but it’ll be getting better every day is my guess. My son and I fished a BASS SE Regional and there were only two limits weighed in out of over 110 entries. A guy in our club won it with 18 plus. But, this time of the year there are some big fish caught and a guy just caught a 14 pounder a few days ago.

In general, it’s a tough lake for most but they guys that have it figured out win a lot of money on Conroe. There are some big fish in Conroe for sure. It gets really rough in the summer with lots of wakeboard boats and the south end is all bulkhead so the waves just bounce off creating a very tough lake. I try to fish weekdays during the summer, it’s not bad at all then. It’s close by, always a chance to catch a big fish, but frustrates the crap out of me.

Somerville is about an hour and a half away and is a nice little lake. Sam Rayburn is about 2 1/2-3 hours away with Toledo Bend a little further.
    Last edited by C130; 02-23-2020 at 03:39 PM.

This was from the Sunday morning tournament yesterday on Conroe. The Big Bass Tour is coming up this weekend.

11932B4D-A6CC-430F-8916-A535929478B0.jpeg4FE8038E-BB97-4790-A702-7395DE013178.jpeg

4. Member
    Many years ago I was in Texas on Business and my customer took me fishing on lake Nachogdoches. We had a great day and on a simple weekday evening of fishing we boated 10 over 5 lbs and a 7 lbr.. If I remember right the lake was not that large maybe 3000 acres tops. This has me thinking maybe there is a smaller gem out there Icould live on affordably for daily fishing and within 90 minutes of a larger lake.

Any thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12