Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Texas question from Illinois

If I were looking for a good area that had Country danicng, Great bass fishing , and a nice place to live , what would you recomend?

2. Member
    CALIFORNIA

3. Member
    You already said it. Texas. Any place here has C/W dancing and anyplace outside the major metro areas of Houston, Dallas and San Antonio are good places to live, so it comes down to fishing. Since there is great fishing all over the state, other than far West Texas, it's much more a question of what part of the state you prefer. You have the east Texas Piney Woods, central Texas Hill Country, southeast Texas or far South Texas for warmer weather year round, and the I-20 corridor and South Plains (Lubbock) area if you prefer to have a winter season. Unless your fishing preference is salt water, then you start at Corpus Christi and work outward from there. DFW probably has the highest concentration of good bass lakes in the state, although Austin gives you plenty of choices as well. Just for reference, Austin is by far e most liberal town in the state and prides itself on being "weird". Hope that helps. There is not an easy answer to that question.

4. Member
    No vacancy. You'll have to remove a liberal California transplant in order to make room.

5. Banned
    If you come here leave the Blue in Illinois, we don’t need anymore idiots here.

6. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    So right:::::::::No more Blue
    Minimum of good 14 lakes for me with-in 30minute to 21/2 hours.
    Last edited by MaverickPro201; 02-20-2020 at 07:05 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Strampion View Post
    No vacancy. You'll have to remove a liberal California transplant in order to make room.
    To my BBC Texas friends. We know not to get political on this site but with that said In the words of Travis Tritt My neck and my politics are red as Alabama Clay. I hope you can continue with the recomendations. My gal is a flight attendant and the Houston area fits well with her job.

8. Member
    MAV ,, Where are you located in the state?

9. Member
    My SIL is a flight attendant for American and they mandated she had to live within 45 minutes of a major airport. She flys out Houston IAH. Northwest of Beltway 8 loop (Cypress, Tomball, Magnolia) and North of IAH (The Woodlands & Conroe) is great and meets all of your requirements. To the southwest of Houston, Pearland & Richmond but you are further away from bass fishing spots. Saltwater all the way down there.

10. Member
    Stay up in Dallas with all the other yankees...

I live in Conroe. I would look in Montgomery county.

Who does your gal work for? I’m in Magnolia, my wife is a real estate agent and former flight attendant. She’d be glad to show you around. I work for an airline also, based out of Bush Intercontinental. PM me if you want or need any info. We used to live in The Woodlands and moved just a few miles west.

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    MAV ,, Where are you located in the state?
    He's west of Austin a little ways.

13. Member
    We know not to get political on this site
    Historically, that rule has been somewhat loose in TBC. However, it has recently been proven that a thread about American patriotism will immediately get locked up like my like my colon after an extra large serving of poutine.

Anyway, good luck with the relocation. If y'all do feel lead to north Texas, feel free to message me and I'll answer any questions I can.

14. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    25 mles west of Austin in the Hill Country. I stay out of most of Austin, because of the lib people.
    Warmer weather than up in North Texas, dallas, Waco etc. And we have HEB Grocery stores You will love them.
    Last edited by MaverickPro201; 02-21-2020 at 06:33 AM. Reason: more news

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Who does your gal work for? I’m in Magnolia, my wife is a real estate agent and former flight attendant. She’d be glad to show you around. I work for an airline also, based out of Bush Intercontinental. PM me if you want or need any info. We used to live in The Woodlands and moved just a few miles west.
    She is with United Airlines. I think what we are going to do is start spending our weekends in Texas. Are first stop will be the Houston area. Primarily because that has the best airport for her to get the flights she wants.

16. Member
    Be careful in the Houston area, some part are good and some are horrible. I hope you already acclimated to traffic if you choose that area. SE Texas is a great area, Rayburn and Toledo are great lakes, but only a regional airport in Beaumont, but Houston is only 90 mins away. Longview/Tyler area is great also.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

17. Member
    She is with United Airlines. I think what we are going to do is start spending our weekends in Texas. Are first stop will be the Houston area. Primarily because that has the best airport for her to get the flights she wants.
    Not being a local to know where the most flooding occurs this site may assist you: https://www.harriscountyfemt.org/

It's a map of Harris County that you can zoom in on areas and see the updated (after Hurricane Harvey) flood areas. Also, on a minor note, the taxes are a bit higher in Harris County than those surrounding.

That’s who I’m with, very familiar with the area and the airport. Lots of pilots and flight attendants around us. It takes me about 50 minute to get to the airport with a couple other options just as quick. One highway is being built which will make another very nice route to the airport and may be quicker also. We live in Magnolia which is Montgomery County. We lived in The Woodlands for ten years. Where I live doesn’t have any flooding issues, lots of nice neighborhoods and I’m about 25-30 minutes from Lake Conroe.

My wife will be glad to show y'all around whenever you visit. Just message me and I can give you her number. She’s with Better Homes and Garden Real Estate. No obligations whatsoever, my wife was a flight attendant also so they have something in common and she’s familiar with the area.

19. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I would take C130 up on the offer. I'm over 5hrs from the area, but spent almost a year in Friendswood, which is south of the greater Houston area. If I was looking to go back to that area, I would definitely look north. Lot closer to fresh water.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    That’s who I’m with, very familiar with the area and the airport. Lots of pilots and flight attendants around us. It takes me about 50 minute to get to the airport with a couple other options just as quick. One highway is being built which will make another very nice route to the airport and may be quicker also. We live in Magnolia which is Montgomery County. We lived in The Woodlands for ten years. Where I live doesn’t have any flooding issues, lots of nice neighborhoods and I’m about 25-30 minutes from Lake Conroe.

My wife will be glad to show y'all around whenever you visit. Just message me and I can give you her number. She’s with Better Homes and Garden Real Estate. No obligations whatsoever, my wife was a flight attendant also so they have something in common and she’s familiar with the area.
    Thank you , I will take you up on that when we plan our trip ill contact you guys.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast