Any news or hearsay about brushless ultrex?

I was just curious if anyone is hearing anything about a Brushless Ultrex coming out??

2. Member
    I expect they'll feel pressure to do it, whether it's a good idea or not.

They already feel the pressure , lots of us have gotten a survey asking about brushless motor .

4. Member
    Just something to advertise as a great advantage and jack up the selling price of the motor. Half the people touting and wanting brushless motors don't even know what a brush is, or the reasons not to have them, but have to have a brushless motor since that's the new toy.

From my discussions with my local ASC, brushless motors have their own set of problems.

I don't care if it has brushes or turbines, I just want a reliable, powerful trolling motor that is affordable. One I can fix when I tear it up.

I got the MK survey also. They are in the business of selling stuff. If they think they can sell a brushless Ultrex for $3,500 plus, they will be on the street. Icast, no later. Heck, they may show up with one at the Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    Just something to advertise as a great advantage and jack up the selling price of the motor. Half the people touting and wanting brushless motors don't even know what a brush is, or the reasons not to have them, but have to have a brushless motor since that's the new toy.

From my discussions with my local ASC, brushless motors have their own set of problems.

I don't care if it has brushes or turbines, I just want a reliable, powerful trolling motor that is affordable. One I can fix when I tear it up.

I got the MK survey also. They are in the business of selling stuff. If they think they can sell a brushless Ultrex for $3,500 plus, they will be on the street. Icast, no later. Heck, they may show up with one at the Classic.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post

Yes indeed. I agree 110%, I just want it to work, and be durable. Many think brushless makes it "better", and that is not true. More efficient, sure...maybe depends on how its made or where its made. It will certainly jack the price up because a brushless motor is more expensive. I was recently down at Eufaula for the MLF event, and wanted to see first hand some of these new trolling motors in action, and one of them, as it is now, would NEVER find it's way on my boat. It was very noisy. I could hear it moving when in spot lock / anchor mode, and when moving around at a decent speed. I was following more than one angler as well to to confirm it wasn't just one bad apple. I actually would like to see the Ultrex refined and fix all the mother board and other electrical issues before coming out with an entirely new model. I filled out the MK survey as well. Classic will tell us. I think the Motorguide Tour Pro is going to be a hit if it ever makes it to the streets. It keeps getting delayed, but I bet it's because they are waiting to see if there's any surprises at the Classic. I could care less of all the features if the noise is running fish off. I'll join Bryan Thrift and go old school. He still uses just a standard trolling motor and is not a fan of any of the electric steer motors. Amazing how quiet they are when you've been around these electric steer ones a lot.