Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HobeyBaker View Post
    It’s interesting that Koby Kreiger is sponsored/running a trailmaster trailer for his Ranger. You would think he would run a different brand boat that actually uses Trailmaster trailers.
    Koby's family used to own Trailmaster I believe....not sure about now.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    Its definitely not the same as the old Tour Edition.
    Your probably thinking of the X5, the new Pro Tour looks sweet, they went back to a more durable mount and metal pedal, I'm interested to try one out, it also has a spot anchor option, you can get one with or without it, I also like they put the gps puck in the head of the unit instead of separate like other brands.

3. Member
    What I saw:

Boats: Lots of Phoenix, Skeeter, Ranger, and BassCat. A fair number of Nitro and not as many Tritons as there use to be. Some tin boats, several Falcons, a couple of Vexus, a Blazer, a Ballistic, a Bullet? and one Caymas.
    Most of the BassCat guys have gone back to the Eyra, with 2 or 3 Cougar FTD's. Apparently they do want the speed as those are probably the two fastest hulls in the BassCat line.

Motors: Bunch of Mercs and Yammies, with some G2's and a couple of Suzuki's. Didn't pay a lot of attention to what trolling motors they were running.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    Hey, up to three Xpress in the mix...
    And Bill Lowen is a great fisherman with a wonderful story.There is actually 4 running a Xpress--Lowen-Harvey Horne- Dale Hightower and the new one is I believe Caleb Sumrall. Say what you want to say about a tin boat but when a guy that has one over a million dollars fishing runs one--It got my attention...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffprocraft190 View Post
    What I saw:

Boats: Lots of Phoenix, Skeeter, Ranger, and BassCat. A fair number of Nitro and not as many Tritons as there use to be. Some tin boats, several Falcons, a couple of Vexus, a Blazer, a Ballistic, a Bullet? and one Caymas.
    Most of the BassCat guys have gone back to the Eyra, with 2 or 3 Cougar FTD's. Apparently they do want the speed as those are probably the two fastest hulls in the BassCat line.

Motors: Bunch of Mercs and Yammies, with some G2's and a couple of Suzuki's. Didn't pay a lot of attention to what trolling motors they were running.
    Good points on the BassCat models and speed. The Eyra is the narrowest 20 footer in the BassCat line but also the fastest. Incredible speeds with a 250hp. Makes the long Bassmaster runs a little shorter. That is something not needed in the BPT.
    Brad Krone

Quote Originally Posted by GRANDPAOF7 View Post
    And Bill Lowen is a great fisherman with a wonderful story.There is actually 4 running a Xpress--Lowen-Harvey Horne- Dale Hightower and the new one is I believe Caleb Sumrall. Say what you want to say about a tin boat but when a guy that has one over a million dollars fishing runs one--It got my attention...
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    I recall a of couple Pro's last year, after having been in a Bass Cat, said it was the worst riding boat they had ever been in. Beat them to death. Maybe that is why Phoenix picked up some new Pro's this year.

lol.......
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

8. wmoon
    I've been driving a Bass Cat since 2003 and have never been beaten to death. Rough ride in a Cat is all on the driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    I recall a of couple Pro's last year, after having been in a Bass Cat, said it was the worst riding boat they had ever been in. Beat them to death. Maybe that is why Phoenix picked up some new Pro's this year.

9. Member
    I enjoyed looking at all of the boats. It was surprising to see all the aluminum rigs. I counted five of them.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I know Feider runs an Eyra. Thought he talked about it before and he preferred that model for its throttle response when running big water/waves. Able to keep the bow of the boat higher so you don’t spear waves. The Eyra and Cougar are definitely narrower up front than say the Z520 and Phoenix models. I suppose some of the reason is preference and money
    Look close at his picture and you won't see the Eyra scoop on the side so I'm betting he's in a Cougar this year. They didn't give an overhead shot of his boat but without the side scoop it's not an Eyra. Also has the acrylic rails so not a Lynx.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Phoenix now is like what Triton used to be when most of the BASS guys were running Triton.
    Ranger cost 50% more than comparable phoenix. And phoenix rides and fishes great. .

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    Ranger cost 50% more than comparable phoenix. And phoenix rides and fishes great. .
    B.S.

Must be a local thing to you. Sure not the case here. Phoenix is on par with Ranger, Skeeter, BassCat etc price wise. If you are finding Phoenix at 50% of Ranger you better buy them and resell them and make $$$$$.

14. dartag1829
    Please post prices. That is a lot. I know if your fishing FLW you need to be in a Phoenix. 7 k for a BFL win is pretty good.

15. dartag1829
    72k for a 921. Didn't know Rangers were going for 140k

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2019...ro-xp-7288244/

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    72k for a 921. Didn't know Rangers were going for 140k

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2019...ro-xp-7288244/
    I think that a 50% increase on 72K is $108K.

17. Member
    My Cougar was actually faster than my Eyra. The main advantage to the Eyra is the coffin lids. The narrow front (which is relative) really helps in docks, standing timber as well as speed. Both handled rough water well but took some driving skill.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    How do you think that Seadek is going to work when its 30 degrees in the morning , like an ice skating rink .
    Haven't had any issues with mine this winter.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 514F-1 View Post
    Phoenix is definitely popular, you see probably 2 of them around here to every 1 of any other brand. IDK exactly why they're so popular, doesn't look that much better or different than any other brand, but most everybody that has one seems to like it. I like the new Vexus boats, I bet you see more and more in the coming years, and it is weird how the Triton Nitro, and Ranger presence seems to be shrinking. Also, only a few 2-strokes left, only 1 Optimax. withing a few years, you'll probably see the last of them. Powerpoles also still dominate for obvious reasons.
    All owned by Johnny Morris may be the reason.

20. Member
    I believe, judging by the trailer and interior, that Bernie Schultz is running the intercoastal edition but I could be wrong.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast