Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    I just got done looking through all the pics of the Elite guys' boats on Bassmaster's website. A few things really stuck out to me...

Is John Cox really fishing out of a deep V tin rig? It sure looked like more of a deep V style to me. And it looked like he was using a Fortrex instead of one of the spot-lock motors. Certainly sets himself apart from the other guys and I hope he does well just to prove you don't need the latest and greatest to compete.

I never realized just how narrow some of the glass bass boats are. Most of the Bass Cat boats as well as the Blazer and Ballistic seemed very narrow up front. I've never been on any of those boats before, but I would think they would be less stable (but faster).

I was surprised at how many Falcon and Phoenix boats there were. Glad to see it.

Kind of surprised to only see two Vexus boats.

I really like the Sea Dek flooring in the Xpress boats (and I think one of the Ranger boats had some type of similar flooring as well). Looks cool and I'm sure is much easier to keep clean than carpeting.

I can't say as I looked at all of the trolling motors on the boats, but I don't recall seeing a single MG Tour Pro. I did see some of the new Tour trolling motors though. Are the Tour Pro's not even available for the pro fishermen yet?

What do you guys/gals think?
    How do you think that Seadek is going to work when its 30 degrees in the morning , like an ice skating rink .

2. Banned
    I just got done looking through all the pics of the Elite guys' boats on Bassmaster's website. A few things really stuck out to me...

Is John Cox really fishing out of a deep V tin rig? It sure looked like more of a deep V style to me. And it looked like he was using a Fortrex instead of one of the spot-lock motors. Certainly sets himself apart from the other guys and I hope he does well just to prove you don't need the latest and greatest to compete.

I never realized just how narrow some of the glass bass boats are. Most of the Bass Cat boats as well as the Blazer and Ballistic seemed very narrow up front. I've never been on any of those boats before, but I would think they would be less stable (but faster).

I was surprised at how many Falcon and Phoenix boats there were. Glad to see it.

Kind of surprised to only see two Vexus boats.

I really like the Sea Dek flooring in the Xpress boats (and I think one of the Ranger boats had some type of similar flooring as well). Looks cool and I'm sure is much easier to keep clean than carpeting.

I can't say as I looked at all of the trolling motors on the boats, but I don't recall seeing a single MG Tour Pro. I did see some of the new Tour trolling motors though. Are the Tour Pro's not even available for the pro fishermen yet?

What do you guys/gals think?

They quit making that old Tour model like 5 years ago and replaced it with that piece of junk they called the X5.

Why do you think that is? Is it purely to gain some top end speed? I understand they are only one person fishing up on the deck, but I still would think they would want the biggest, most stable platform they could get. And what about when they are fishing offshore in some decent chop? Once again I would want a big platform up there.
    The Eyra and Cougar are fast boats but they also fish great in big water. They ride great in the ruff stuf too. No problems with stability on that front deck. Yet it still allows you to get into tight areas like between docks and/or cypress tress. Kevin Short wrote a piece about this a few years back. I'll try to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    The Eyra and Cougar are fast boats but they also fish great in big water. They ride great in the ruff stuf too. No problems with stability on that front deck. Yet it still allows you to get into tight areas like between docks and/or cypress tress. Kevin Short wrote a piece about this a few years back. I'll try to find it.
    I believe this is what I was thinking of. Good Read.
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/basscatowners/which-big-cat-is-calling-your-name-t30041.html

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    How do you think that Seadek is going to work when its 30 degrees in the morning , like an ice skating rink .
    I will never know since I never fish when it's below freezing. Good point though...I guess if the pros happen to fish a really cold event we might get some interesting footage.

Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    Most BCB pros chose the Cougar FTD and Eyra over the Huge/wide deck of the Lynx.
    And with the upfront TM pedal they fish much larger than they are.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

7. Banned
    I recognize the Minnkota, Lowrance and Garmin trollers are the trolling motors with the red on top? Also noticing 2 strokes are becoming an endangered species!

8. Member
    I know Feider runs an Eyra. Thought he talked about it before and he preferred that model for its throttle response when running big water/waves. Able to keep the bow of the boat higher so you don’t spear waves. The Eyra and Cougar are definitely narrower up front than say the Z520 and Phoenix models. I suppose some of the reason is preference and money

9. Banned
    LOL @ Bernie Schultz still running an old tour model, I had heard he bought a bunch up when they discontinued it!

Hey, up to three Xpress in the mix...
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

I recall a of couple Pro's last year, after having been in a Bass Cat, said it was the worst riding boat they had ever been in. Beat them to death. Maybe that is why Phoenix picked up some new Pro's this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    LOL @ Bernie Schultz still running an old tour model, I had heard he bought a bunch up when they discontinued it!
    I looked at Bernie Shultz's boat at Palatka, the trolling motor looked brand new, he must have a stash of them.

13. Member
    Motor Guide has reintroduced the tour model.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    just fine. Did it two weekends ago

Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    I recall a of couple Pro's last year, after having been in a Bass Cat, said it was the worst riding boat they had ever been in. Beat them to death. Maybe that is why Phoenix picked up some new Pro's this year.
    The Lynx rides very well in big water, I run one out west. I rode in Hank Cherry's Lynx at Palatka, he likes it, several of the BPT pros are running the Lynx as well. Cherry is the only one in the Elites.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewisboy View Post
    Motor Guide has reintroduced the tour model.
    Its definitely not the same as the old Tour Edition.

17. Member
    How does the sea deck go around your lids since the carpet helps keep the lids closed?

19. Member
    Phoenix is definitely popular, you see probably 2 of them around here to every 1 of any other brand. IDK exactly why they're so popular, doesn't look that much better or different than any other brand, but most everybody that has one seems to like it. I like the new Vexus boats, I bet you see more and more in the coming years, and it is weird how the Triton Nitro, and Ranger presence seems to be shrinking. Also, only a few 2-strokes left, only 1 Optimax. withing a few years, you'll probably see the last of them. Powerpoles also still dominate for obvious reasons.

20. Member
    Woo Daves told me years ago pros don't bad mouth boat brands because next year you may be looking for a new ride.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast