2020 Lynx 300 Mercury 4 Stroke Review

2020 Lynx 300 4 Stroke review after 3 trips. Due to flooding I have only taken my boat out three times for breaking in the Mercury. I had a 1999 Pantera IV, fantastic boat, have owned 15 boats since then.
    First and foremost I have to say that the Lynx is probably the most stable rig at rest that I have ever had. The front deck is crazy big, the back deck, big enough for two to fish off. Storage is laid out very nice. Center rod compartment was well thought out.Two coolers come in handy, drinks in one, sandwiches in the other.
    Trailer quality is outstanding, tows like a dream
    The 4 stroke on the Lynx is badazz. Midrange from 40- 70 mph is neck snapping.
    Kudos to Rick and his folks, you built the boat I was looking for.
    Last edited by Blue Steel; 02-19-2020 at 06:43 PM.

2. Member
    Sounds great. Where’s the pics?

Wish I knew how to post pics lol

4. Banned
    Beautiful Boat Mike.

Man that is BAD A$$ !!! Just asking maybe I missed it....why not go with the 300r. Just askin.?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

The 300R is considerably more money.

Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Man that is BAD A$$ !!! Just asking maybe I missed it....why not go with the 300r. Just askin.?
    Ted, I typically sell my boats after 12 months, I believe I would have a smaller market that would be interested in the 300R due to cost of the R motor as Rick stated. And thank you on the compliment on my boat.

8. Member
    That is one fine machine. One of the sportiest looking Lynxs'.
    Congrats and welcome back to the BCB family.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

9. Member
    Are the accent stipe and bolt orange and red or both red? They look like different colors in the one picture. Once you get her dialed in post some numbers. I'm curious about the performance difference on the 300 vs 250 Pro XS. Thanks and congrats...You'll love the Lynx

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    Are the accent stipe and bolt orange and red or both red? They look like different colors in the one picture. Once you get her dialed in post some numbers. I'm curious about the performance difference on the 300 vs 250 Pro XS. Thanks and congrats...You'll love the Lynx

likely orange as trailer has orange pins???? need to change mercury stripe to match boat!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    Both are orange. I went that way to match my Inferno Tundra lol. Iguana is making matching motor decals.

So I am curious about top end with that motor. I run a Jag with a 350 verado and loaded it is a 77-78 mph boat. It into the wind with a load 74-75. BTW, it is a sharp looking rig for sure.

13. Member
    Gotcha!... Pretty boat. Ronnie Gilbert has modified both my 3 and 4 blade Fury props to maximize my Lynx's performance. If your looking for that final tweak let Ronnie work his magic.

That’s gonna be really nice !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com