Waypoints from Lowrance

Longtime Lowrance user that recently made the switch to Helix units. Not wanting to lose any of waypoints, I saved them all to an SD card and formatted them through Humminbird PC. I have followed every instruction I can find, but when I load the card, nothing happens. I've taken out the Lakemaster chip, put the new chip in with the unit on and off, and every time it's the same thing, nothing. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to erase everything but the .gpx files? Any insight is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    Longtime Lowrance user that recently made the switch to Helix units. Not wanting to lose any of waypoints, I saved them all to an SD card and formatted them through Humminbird PC. I have followed every instruction I can find, but when I load the card, nothing happens. I've taken out the Lakemaster chip, put the new chip in with the unit on and off, and every time it's the same thing, nothing. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to erase everything but the .gpx files? Any insight is appreciated.
    If you successfully loaded the data to HumminbirdPC.
    With a blank formatted memory card of 32GB or LESS, you put the card on your computer's card reader, click on the HBPC file name to highlight it blue, select the arrow on the left side of the panel with the card symbol to copy the data to the memory card. It puts the data in a MATRIX folder that the Helix recognizes.
    Then with the Helix fully operating in Simulator or Normal, you put the memory card in the unit's card reader and answer the pop-up question YES.
    Just takes a few seconds.
    Remove the memory card and format it again to clear out all three files that are on it. MATRIX, Profile, and Encrypt.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Somehow never got the MATRIX folder. Tried it again and now it shows up. Thanks again Wayne.