Thread: Muddy Water

Muddy Water

With all the rain we've had in Georgia my lake has been muddy for about three to four weeks. What do you guys throw in muddy water? Looking for baits and colors. Water temp is in the low 50's right now but warming up. I love throwing #5 and #6 shad raps in late winter but now it's not happening because they don't create enough vibration and they certainly can't see it.

Thanks!

2. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    My goto for muddy water in the spring on Toledo Bend is a black/blue chatterbait with black blade and a black/blue swimbait or Rage Menace trailer.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

3. Member
    I have good luck with craw colored crank baits.
    80% off of SA Face Shields
    Coupon Code: RCNOD80

4. Member
    Spro rock crawler in spring craw or any of their red craw colors

Chatterbaits, colorado blade spinnerbaits, big jigs, and wiggle warts would all be on my short list. If you start seeing temps get above the mid 50s, I'd be throwing a buzzbait too.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

6. Member
    Honestly I don't change much of anything bait wise when it muddies up. I might put on a jig or chatterbait trailer with a little more action but I still throw the same colors as I do when it's clear.
    Most of my changes are just in how and where I'm fishing. I'll pick apart cover a little more and adjust for rising or falling water or changes in water temperature more than anything.
    And don't be afraid to toss those shad raps if you like to throw them. Just keep them in contact with bottom or cover and they'll get bit. I've had many days where a dt and a swimjig would get bit with 6" of visibility while a rattling crank and chatterbait wouldn't get touched

7. Banned
    Chatterbait (black/blue), jig (black/blue), squarebill (chartreuse), and lipless crank (gold black back) are all you need.