Triton (aluminum) 19 txp w/175 or Xpress x19 w/175 or 200? And why

Looking at a new or slightly used aluminum boat and can't decide which I like better.

Currently fishing out of a 1987 tracker, and catching plenty of nice fish out of it, but just not enough room or speed, I know you can't catch them at 70 mph, bitvo can get to where I can. ��

2. Member
    I would choose X19 with 200 for speed, durability, and huge front deck.Of course my signature shows what I chose in fiberglass.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 02-19-2020 at 08:33 PM.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

X19 with a 200. Loved my Xpress H18, and would still have it if I hadn't found my current BassCat Saber FTD for a steal. Xpress boats are built like tanks, and are fast, stable, and have plenty of deck space. The only aluminum I'd own. The newer models are much improved over previous years as far as compartment seals which is the only complaint I had with mine.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

4. Member
    vexus with g2!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    I had an Xpress X19 / 200 HPDI once. Loved that boat ..... it was a blast to drive!
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

6. Member
    Edit: I see the Triton 19 TXP is rated for 175. That's great and it looks like a fantastic boat. When I talk about HP below I'm talking about the boats I shopped last year. I'd love to hear performance numbers and impressions of the Triton.

I went with the 175 on my Xpress X19 and I'm happy with it. Motor size is personal preference but I can vouch for the X19 being a great option with either the 175 or 200. Every other mass produced boat in its class is maxed at 150hp. I haven't seen the Triton but I shopped all the other pad style aluminum boats and found that the Xpress best fit what I was looking for, plus the Xpress dealer is the closest dealer to me and sits right on Logan Martin.

There are some nice tin boats out there but it really came down to the X19 and the Vexus 1980. The compartments on the Vexus were nicer and it had the proverbial "fit and finish" advantage, but it wasn't a huge difference. The Vexus also has a well designed hull and runs great. They look great too.

However, there were a few things that led me to the Xpress. First, like I already mentioned, the Xpress dealer is close and has a good reputation. Don't discount the importance of the dealer experience during and after the sale. Also mentioned above is that the Xpress is rated for 50hp more than any of the other boats I looked at. I'm not a boat builder but it sure looks like the beefy transoms and well designed hulls of the others (especially the 8" longer Vexus) could handle a 175 or even a big block 200. Maybe it's the thicker gauge hull on the Xpress. I got the smaller outboard but it's still larger than any of the other comparable boats. The hull on the Xpress doesn't look like a sports car when compared to the Vexus but it's a screamer once you get it on the water. It's definitely a high performance boat on par with fiberglass imo. It's built solid. The Seadek and deck coating under it is very nice. I like it much better than carpet and that was also a determining factor. You have to do some work to get the compartments somewhat water tight. The standard aluminum trailer that comes with the Xpress is nice. I still think the Vexus is more "shapely" but the X19 is a sharp looking boat. Overall it runs and fishes great.
    Last edited by ajw18; 02-22-2020 at 11:49 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw18 View Post
    Edit: I see the Triton 19 TXP is rated for 175. That's great and it looks like a fantastic boat. When I talk about HP below I'm talking about the boats I shopped last year. I'd love to hear performance numbers and impressions of the Triton.

I went with the 175 on my Xpress X19 and I'm happy with it. Motor size is personal preference but I can vouch for the X19 being a great option with either the 175 or 200. Every other mass produced boat in its class is maxed at 150hp. I haven't seen the Triton but I shopped all the other pad style aluminum boats and found that the Xpress best fit what I was looking for, plus the Xpress dealer is the closest dealer to me and sits right on Logan Martin.

There are some nice tin boats out there but it really came down to the X19 and the Vexus 1980. The compartments on the Vexus were nicer and it had the proverbial "fit and finish" advantage, but it wasn't a huge difference. The Vexus also has a well designed hull and runs great. They look great too.

However, there were a few things that led me to the Xpress. First, like I already mentioned, the Xpress dealer is close and has a good reputation. Don't discount the importance of the dealer experience during and after the sale. Also mentioned above is that the Xpress is rated for 50hp more than any of the other boats I looked at. I'm not a boat builder but it sure looks like the beefy transoms and well designed hulls of the others (especially the 8" longer Vexus) could handle a 175 or even a big block 200. Maybe it's the thicker gauge hull on the Xpress. I got the smaller outboard but it's still larger than any of the other comparable boats. The hull on the Xpress doesn't look like a sports car when compared to the Vexus but it's a screamer once you get it on the water. It's definitely a high performance boat on par with fiberglass imo. It's built solid. The Seadek and deck coating under it is very nice. I like it much better than carpet and that was also a determining factor. You have to do some work to get the compartments somewhat water tight. The standard aluminum trailer that comes with the Xpress is nice. I still think the Vexus is more "shapely" but the X19 is a sharp looking boat. Overall it runs and fishes great.

Thank you, for your input, that's one of the things I'm looking at, I have a Triton dealer pretty close and the nearest Xpress dealer is over two hours away.

I've looked at both pretty hard, both of them are pretty similar as far as storage and price. But the one thing that's got me is the Triton is said to run mid to high 60s with the 175, the xpress only low 60's.. is it worth the extra $5,000 for 5 mph more? With the 200? On the xpress.

They're both around $30,000 base price with the 175, but $40,000+ with the 200 plus a few extras.

Or option 2 just buy a $20,000 used glass boat?

Again thank you all for your input, take all I can get, Ive been leaning hard towards the express, just trying to get the most for my money,

8. Member
    I have a 2017 xpress x19 with 200 sho. I will go ahead and tell you that triton with a 175 won’t run upper 60’s. But I like my boat. It’s utilitarian. Not a ton of bells and whistles but who cares. And get seadek

9. Member
    Thanks