Waypoint marking/navigating are way off

Guys, I have 2 echo map ultra 122 units on my boat. My problem is I’ll make a waypoint then navigate back to it and the structure/brush or whatever is nowhere to be found. It’s not even within a boat length or so. What am I doing wrong?

I suspect you are hitting "Mark" instead of the Wpt at cursor button. When you touch the sonar screen and have your cursor/crosshairs up to mark something, you will see a popup button appear on the upper right of the sonar screen. This is what you must select to mark a wpt at the cursor location. Anytime you select the "Mark" button, it will mark your boat position and not the cursor position.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Thanks very much sir! I think you’re exactly right but looking forward to trying it today. I see you’re from Rayburn, I’m actually here now! Feel like I’ve lost more than one school due to my mistake.

thanks again!

4. Member
    Also, it helps to look on the banks for some sort landmark to kind of try and triangulate boat position and where the key cast is when you find it.

Old timers around here (before electronics) would put reflective thumb tacks in trees to help with this. Anytime I find something good off shore I mark the structure with the cursor mark my boat position and try and do the shoreline thing if possible. idk if you can on the garmin but I will also put notes on my navionics app on my phone to remind me if I don't fish it for a while.