Ghost Downscan Image

I installed a Ghost TM and the downscan image is no where near as good as from my 3D structure scan on the back of my boat. Is that to be expected with the standard TM transducer or can I improve it in settings? I have Carbons.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    The HDI on my Ultrex gives me much better images than my S3D transducer. Did you have an HDI on your TM before you put the Ghost on for comparison?

When I say better, I mean more detail, like trees and rocks and fish. The S3D barely shows any of that in downscan. The image is much more clear on the S3D because there isn't anything showing up.

3. Member
    What software version in your Carbon? If it's 19.1 xxx 153, it may not play well with HDI nosecone on Ghost. Hopefully next update corrects HDI issue.
    In the mean time you could try 19.1 xxx 114 or 18.3 xxx 123. Just a thought from what others have tried.

4. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by over slot View Post
    What software version in your Carbon? If it's 19.1 xxx 153, it may not play well with HDI nosecone on Ghost. Hopefully next update corrects HDI issue.
    In the mean time you could try 19.1 xxx 114 or 18.3 xxx 123. Just a thought from what others have tried.
    +1

Carbons and HDI have an issue on 153 build...known issue. Rolling back to earlier versions of 19.1 have resolved the issue.

Good news is that the 19.3 release is finally pending...just waiting for a few more sign-offs up the management food chain. Don't know for sure that it will address the Carbon/HDI issue however...
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service
    Power Pole - Lowrance - Garmin - DD26
    Regional Warranty Service for Lowrance Ghost, Garmin Force, & Power Pole

Phone: 704-762-9066 --- Text: 704-433-1373 --- roy@wackyriggers.com

I'm running 19.1 62.1.114.
    I guess all I can do is wait for the update? What about my downscan image from the console and S3d? Is there a fix for a better image there?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS