Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Randy Walker
    UPDATE *** Ron at McGill P & W shipped me a new axle, arms, cal, brakes and hubs... got it 3 days after ordering it... AWESOME!! figured it was going to be a pretty easy job with just having 4 bolts to take off... well, I was wrong! haha... Lack of proper work space and not having all the correct tools made it MUCH tougher than it should have been to get the old axle off. Finally got it dropped and out of the way... jacked up the new one, got it bolted.. tomorrow looking to slide on the arms (brakes and hub already assembled), throw on the tires and be done,,, kind of... Axle did not come with brake brackets or new lines. SO, going to have to either buy and install or take to a shop and have them install. Thinking about trying to use old lines if I can get them off without damaging them... blow them out and install, but sure it's best to go with brand new to be safe. I'll paint it another time when I have the boat off the trailer... not worried about that for the moment... Closer to being done... hoping the rest goes smooth... this job sucked!! haha...

But the brake line brackets are welded on to the axle

if you can find someone to weld them on the new one in this "Coronasphere" I'm betting they would be more apt to do the work with the axle off not to mention cheaper

getting the old brackets off will be more work then they are worth

new brackets and line might cost 40 bucks the only thing you might have a hard time finding quickly is the splitter

take the new and old one to local brake/muffler shop so they can use old one for measurements and layout
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Randy Walker
    Yeah, brackets are welded to old axle... I was thinking about just using the old brake lines as they appear to be in good shape still. I would just need to pick up the splitter as the brackets I have another option for if need be... I have a buddy that can do the welding with boat on or at the ramp with boat off.. You're right, $46 ish or everything from EZ Loader one they re-open... Axle already installed... haha.. Thanks for all the info MichA… appreciate it!

Splitter

https://www.trailerpartssupplies.com...-3-female.html

They also have the brackets

Call or email to see if they are open/shipping
    "The handicapped angler"

5. Randy Walker
    Actually guy at a local trailer shop gave me a splitter and I got a bracket... all set to install now... thanks again for all your info...

6. Member
    it to bad i replaced one on a 2008 20 i they covered it sent me a new axel and fender I was backing down a dirt ramp cough the tire on a stump they had a problem with there axal for a while
    they also sent me a second axel there was nothing wrong with my second one I still have one it the original the I guess I luck out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12