Thread: Rend Lake

Rend Lake

In the Spring my wife and I are going to take a day trip to Rend. We saw the Lake from the Highway from the Interstate and from the road to Pinkneyville.. It looks very nice. We are going to try our hand at Crappie fishing it. Other than Ill License what else do we need ( launch permit ect ) And are there any hazard's in the Lake to watch out for. Thanks for any help
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

It is shallow, especially the north end. Nothing besides a current IL license required. I am not a crappie fisherman but I believe it has a decent population in it.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

3. Member
    Spring it usually is 4 ft high and some ramps have a launch -parking fee that you put in envelope at those ramps lots of crappie

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    It is shallow, especially the north end. Nothing besides a current IL license required. I am not a crappie fisherman but I believe it has a decent population in it.
    Unless you are under 16 or a super senior you need a fishing license.
    Please release me,let me go.

5. Member
    It is a fairly shallow stump filled lake in mst areas. Water is always stained to muddy with a lot of structure both shallow and deep. I would rate it as an average to poor bass lake and a good crappie lake. It has been excellent this winter for crappie.

Thanks for the info
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke