Thread: Juglines

Banned

Juglines

Would like to make some swim noodle jugs to catch some eater size catfish.Any of you run jugs,how many,and where you like to go? I was thinking about running some on False River.

2. Member
    I made two dozen last year. Never fished with more than twelve at a time. Ran them in Lake DesAllemands a few times. Caught over 50. Was using worms for bait. I need to figure out something better.

3. Banned
    I'm going to make 15 to start,will make them 16" noodle,pvc 3/4" 24" long.Also have 12 yo Yo's that should keep the wife and I busy if they are biting.

4. Member
    This is how I made mine. Make one and try it out in a pool to make sure it works properly. Might have to adjust the length of the pvc or noodle. I used rebar for the weight.

5. Member
    I have about a dozen, I use in the back of major creeks on Table Rock during the summer. Occasionally I'll take them to the river at night and follow them down stream. Lots of good eating if you can stay awake. Generally like a mix of live small bluegill and a cut bait, get both flatheads and channels that way.

6. Member
    I save all my laundry soap jugs, rinse them good

i buy DOT reflective tape and put 2” square on all four sides

i throw out 20-30 of them. Some I put two hooks on the line
    ill set one at 5 foot with cut Shad. Bottom hook at 10 ft with liver on it

the tape helps me find jugs with Q Beam easier, especially if fish are on it

some times we set up tent on bank, go miles up river, string them out

go back, cook some steaks on hibachi, lay around, nap couple of hours, go upstream an run them and rebait

lot of times we lay out in boat, turn stereo on and float with. Nap, check, re bait, drink a beer

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy lou View Post
    I save all my laundry soap jugs, rinse them good

i buy DOT reflective tape and put 2” square on all four sides

i throw out 20-30 of them. Some I put two hooks on the line
    ill set one at 5 foot with cut Shad. Bottom hook at 10 ft with liver on it

the tape helps me find jugs with Q Beam easier, especially if fish are on it

some times we set up tent on bank, go miles up river, string them out

go back, cook some steaks on hibachi, lay around, nap couple of hours, go upstream an run them and rebait

lot of times we lay out in boat, turn stereo on and float with. Nap, check, re bait, drink a beer
    That's a fun way to do it.We are going to have fun.