Indiana Park Pass

Hello, I see that I need a boat permit to fish the Indiana state park lakes. B'ville in particular. But, do I also have to pay for the park pass? Or, is that only if I use the park ramp? And, are all the ramps on B'ville park ramps? I used the one by the dam on Sunday and there's no check point. No one checking unless they come around while you're parked.

2. Member
    its a lake permit pass and most if not all state run lakes require it just to be on the water. Its not a launch permit like the days of old. If you go to a state park to launch you will also need to pay for the state park pass. I try to avoid those.

3. Member
    Do you have to pay that daily use fee at a ramp that doesn't collect it? It looks like a park ramp. But, it's not staffed.

4. Member
    [QUOTE=smalliehound;10869338]Do you have to pay that daily use fee at a ramp that doesn't collect it? It looks like a park ramp. But, it's not staffed.

If you have the lake permit then you can use any ramp you want. I know the state parks will charge if they are open but there are several state recreation areas that dont. I cant remember the names of the ramps off hand but I am sure someone will chime in.

5. Member
    Sounds good. I appreciate it

6. Member
    You don't have to buy a state park pass, to fish our state lakes, unless you want to. However, if you launch at a ramp that has an attendant, like Quakertown, Mounds, you will pay the daily fee, or show your yearly pass. Residents are $7.00 / daily. I don't know non-resident price.
    There are several ramps on Brookville that do not charge to launch, like Bonwell, it's right by the dam.
    You will need the lake permit sticker, to boat on Brookville.

You need a Launch Permit to launch at state run fisheries ( $20 Year ). Park pass is ($55 for the year). Example: Summit Lake gate fee is ($9 per day) when there is a attendant at the gate (usually starts Memorial weekend) but if the weather gets nice they will open the gate earlier. The state won't miss out on a chance to cash in on nice day's, just get through the gate before 8am. You will still need a launch permit regardless or DNR will ticket you if there on the water patrolling.
    Veteran 82nd Airborne Division " ALL THE WAY "

8. Member
    Thanks everybody