3D transducer Install Question

After deliberation, I decided to go with the 3D transducer over the 3 in 1 for my new HDS live Units. I would like to flush mount the transducer on the step of my Ranger but I have a thru hull transducer for my Humminbird there. Will I run into any issues if I flush mount close to the thru hull? Should I go to the Jack Plate? Are there any pics floating around of what the transducer looks like flush mounted using the flush mount bracket from Lowrance? TIA
    2020 Ranger Z521L Mercury 250 4 stroke

2. Member
    I always recommend Jackplate mounting for 3D or even just an AI or TotalScan transducer if you have the option of a Jackplate available! Keeps the expensive transducer up and out of the way at high speed and gives excellent images in that 2-5mph scanning speeds! We have a nice Jackplate option available that is different than others on the market...our jackplate mount is bolted to the plate with our aluminum adapter bracket which allows the installer to mount it without having to deal with shimming or guessing the angle of the transducer. Once mounted you then level the transducer to the water and once the perfect angle is achieved and images are perfect, you then can thru bolt the mount and lock it down solid where it will never move out of place! For guys with boats with a rear step such as a Ranger or Skeeter we have also had many guys use our standard Heavy Duty Transom Mount and physically turn the lower bracket around and transom mount it above the step but with the transducer tucked in under the step...the neat feature about this is that like the Jackplate mount...the transducer is out of the water at high speed and once down to scanning speed the transducer is reading perfectly and just like our Jackplate mount, the transducer can easily be leveled to the water..all while being tucked in under the step! Flush mounting does not allow for easy leveling!

Ryan

3. Member
    I had mine installed a few weeks ago, I will take a pic and post it. You made a smart choice, I love the images with 3D transducer! Just do NOT put the latest update on it...Mine was 7 updates behind and it worked great, I put the new one on and DI freezes...I thought I had rolled back to 18.3 but its still frozen, so Im going to try 18.2...The SI is crystal clear much farther out on my HDS12. In 15ft water I would set SI out to 45ft, now I set it our 80ft and its very clear, I can see shadows from stumps easily that far out.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

4. Member
    Thanks for input guys. Jav400 I would much appreciate pics if you do get a chance. I am leaning toward jack plate mount now to avoid any holes in my boat. Thanks again!
    2020 Ranger Z521L Mercury 250 4 stroke

5. Member
    I put the the 3d on the JK Plate port side and a TM 150 on the starboard side, used a rytek mount for the Tm 150. both are safe come out of the water on plane and work perfect. I will hunt through my phone and see if I have any pics.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

6. Member
    I'd like to see some pics too. I have my LSS-2 on the bottom plate of my jackplate. Good images up to about 3-4 mph. I think air bubbles and disrupted flow causes it to distort any faster. My rapidjack bottom plate is angled, but it checks out +- 1 degree from level.