Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car checkers......looting unlocked cars.....

Quote Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
    Neither Driver was charged, as well they should not have been. However they will have what happened hanging over their heads and wearing at their minds and soles the rest of their natural life
    Something similar happened to my uncle. He was driving on a dark road and hit/killed a guy all in dark clothes. The deceased was no druggie, just a guy looking for his cell phone at night, without a flashlight because he had left the phone on top of his car while pumping gas just up the road. My uncle was not charged but was sued in civil court and lost $1.25 million. The deceased’s son who was on the shoulder said his father was in the middle of the road for the police statement but in the civil case, he changed his story saying that my uncle was swerving all over the road. The jury believed the son over his initial statement and police files showing where he was hit and their report.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    I have literally stopped (when safe) to verify with people wearing all black clothing that it's almost impossible to see them. Sometimes I wonder if they truly understand how even a careful driver may not be able to see them.

Maybe they're just ninjas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Good Lord ... first it was clowns in the woods, now ninjas in black on the road at night. I'm never leaving the house again.
    Ranting incoherently

Ninjas are to quick to get hit on the road...

7. Member
    A friend in northern Wisconsin that was dressed in black. He and his girl friend got in a argument one night and he decided he would walk home. One his way a black bear decided to run across the road and smacked into him. He was tore up pretty good. I never wear black.

Add to the list the idiots, who an hour after sunset, still haven’t turn their car lights on.
    Last edited by OBT; 02-18-2020 at 07:39 PM.

9. Member
    Happened to me about a month ago, had my mirrors extended in my truck and he was walking on the white line. Still don't know how I missed him.

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    ha ha.....walking on the side of the road and they are automatically druggies.....
    Well there is the argument for an altered mind
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

11. Member
    I don't know if he was in black, but that's how my nephew got killed. Early in the morning walking home after getting off from work at McDonalds. I never heard all the details. Don't know how things went down hill for him after his years in the Army. Heard stuff, but don't know if there was truth in it. But things said was like he had issues from his different tours in war. Seemed like a happy young man when I took him fishing when he returned home after getting out of the Army.

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Something similar happened to my uncle. He was driving on a dark road and hit/killed a guy all in dark clothes. The deceased was no druggie, just a guy looking for his cell phone at night, without a flashlight because he had left the phone on top of his car while pumping gas just up the road. My uncle was not charged but was sued in civil court and lost $1.25 million. The deceased’s son who was on the shoulder said his father was in the middle of the road for the police statement but in the civil case, he changed his story saying that my uncle was swerving all over the road. The jury believed the son over his initial statement and police files showing where he was hit and their report.
    That was a bias jury , lawyers know that will happen in certain situations .

13. Member
    You need to invest in a good heavy duty grill guard to protect your truck from any damage.

14. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Good one.

Dale Sinclair original

I often see people walking at night, sometimes on the road, and it's getting worse. Forty five minutes ago I met a black van with no lights on at all, it was already dark and raining fairly hard. We have a 5 mile 6-lane we call the 'strip', 29 stoplights. I followed a pretty new GM SUV a few nights ago at 10pm going down the strip with no lights except brake lights...crazy.

(606)305-1956

My wife’s younger brother worked nights, Boise ID. He rented a farm house on an acreage where he had several rescue dogs. His friend/ co-worker would drop him off every night about 100 yards from his house, this is where his friend turned to take a road to his place. He would whistle for his dogs and they would run down the gravel road to meet him. Just before Thanksgiving 2004, he was walking when he was hit, and ran over by a pick up pulling a 6 horse trailer, he went under both truck and trailer. Blue jeans and a dark coat, she never saw him

17. Member
    Good way to get the family together.

18. Member
    Over 30 years later my brother still wakes up at times in the middle of the night sweating from the nightmares, all because he accidentally hit a classmate of mine that was wearing black clothes walking down in the middle of the a 2 lane road at night. Wrecked his car trying to avoid the kid by putting it into the ditch on the other side of the road, unfortunately the kid ran the same way he swerved. People are just stupid sometimes!

There is a super odd dude that lives next to me in $700k+ lake home and in winter he wears a black wet suit looking thing while running in winter at 525am each morning in the street next to the perfectly good and clear sidewalk. I've almost hit him multiple times. Then when it warms up he upgrades to I $hit you not a womens bathing suit bottom and a cut off tank top. Guy creeps me out!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    There is a super odd dude that lives next to me in $700k+ lake home and in winter he wears a black wet suit looking thing while running in winter at 525am each morning in the street next to the perfectly good and clear sidewalk. I've almost hit him multiple times. Then when it warms up he upgrades to I $hit you not a womens bathing suit bottom and a cut off tank top. Guy creeps me out!
    Oh, that's Hunt, you should definitely be freaked out by him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast