Lock For Breakaway trailer

HaS anyone used one? What kind and where to get it? I don't break away my trailer and probably need to put a lock on it.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    You da man Drew....Which size do we have on the Birds?
    Jess
    2020 921elite

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    You da man Drew....Which size do we have on the Birds?
    Jess
    5/8"
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    I remove the pin and put a tounge lock on it. Different option, not sure which is more secure. Both options are kind of in the keep honest people honest category. And if you are going to steal a bass boat, you aren't honest.

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-U...2073117&sr=8-4

6. Member
    I use the Durasafe lock that Drewtick mentioned. It's very well made.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    I remove the pin and put a tounge lock on it. Different option, not sure which is more secure. Both options are kind of in the keep honest people honest category. And if you are going to steal a bass boat, you aren't honest.

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-U...2073117&sr=8-4
    Here's the problem with these, a thief can still unbolt your fold-away tongue, it's only one long bolt and a quick pin, replace the fold-away tongue with another one, and off with your boat the thieves go. Something to SERIOUSLY consider. That's why I purchased the Durasafe lock.

8. Member
    I think a thief could get through the pin with a cordless mini-grinder pretty fast and put a new bolt back in?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked247 View Post
    I use the Durasafe lock that Drewtick mentioned. It's very well made.
    Same here. Great product. You can have everything keyed alike if you use their other products as well.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    I think a thief could get through the pin with a cordless mini-grinder pretty fast and put a new bolt back in?
    I don't disagree, heck you can install both, and if they wan't it they will do what it takes to get it. I honestly never had either until I fished a tournament on a popular lake, and on the morning of we came out to leave and over 50% of the boats had their props stolen, rod lockers broken into etc. I now use multiple locks and a paging alarm system. Pretty sad, but we all know what we pay for these boats, and then we put how much money into them? I haven't stopped counting because I'm still adding.

11. Member
    I don't breakaway my trailer, but heard of someone having their pin pulled at the landing. that would suck.
    2020 921elite

12. Member
    If I’m staying at a hotel, I no longer detach my boat. We plan to always be in walking distance of restaurants, or we load up in a vehicle not pulling a boat. I plan my tournaments out pretty well now.