Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SI Transducer issue?

I have brought this issue up with my dealer and they had told me this is the way they are installed from the factory. Can anyone else tell me if your transducer is installed in the same manner as mine. I have noticed my starboard side when I am on side imaging does not display anything like my port side. Is this something I need to address with someone at Vexus?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That sure doesn’t look right to me. Not even close to being level. At least it’s an easy fix though.
    Triton Tr17, Yamaha 130
    Lund Pro V 1900, Optimax 200
    Smokercraft Pro Mag 182, Suzuki DF140
    Helix 9si, 10si mega
    Minnkota Talon, Terrova

3. Member
    It is an easy fix however I was just curious if there was a reason why they would have installed it from the factory like that. Is it to reduce noise interference or some other technical reason? I would just think that if it is positioned at an angle my down imaging would be off by however many feet to the port side vs directly underneath the boat.

Mine also came like that and a bunch of us all have had this issue, i have straighten it up but still fighting the signal loss at high speeds.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    Mine also came like that and a bunch of us all have had this issue, i have straighten it up but still fighting the signal loss at high speeds.
    I lose signal when I get above 9mph. What speed are you losing it at?

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    The transducer definitely needs to be square with the world, including up/down tilt when the boat is at rest in the water. Imaging however, doesn't work much above idle speed. Just the nature of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by ksmith3510 View Post
    I lose signal when I get above 9mph. What speed are you losing it at?
    About 40 mph i think thats the 2d sonar signal.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

Yep, mine came the same way. Vexus and my dealer are adamant that it is correct. IMO it isn't. I opened the slots up on the bracket and leveled it. I also removed my speedo pickup tube(put a radio in that space at the console) and installed a 2D in its place. Now I have great SI and have ran into the 50's without losing depth.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Yep, mine came the same way. Vexus and my dealer are adamant that it is correct. IMO it isn't. I opened the slots up on the bracket and leveled it. I also removed my speedo pickup tube(put a radio in that space at the console) and installed a 2D in its place. Now I have great SI and have ran into the 50's without losing depth.
    I do not see how they can say it is correctly installed. Lets just say if it has a 5 degree angle at 50 foot how far left of center are you looking with your DI and 2D. you could be trying to drop shot what you think you see right below you when in reality it is 10 feet to the left.

10. Member
    Cant believe that's still happening. Lol

And the reason why you lose signal is bc you'll be running on your pad which puts the transducer out of the water. If you want reading at higher speeds, either move the transducer to pad, or install a skimming transducer on pad.

11. Member
    How on earth can anyone keep a straight face and tell you that install is correct?

12. Member
    Yeah, not sure how anyone could say that’s correct. Needs to be level and if you want depth at speed it needs to be at pad height.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

I am glad I installed mine. I did have them cut the hole for my front graph. I think they used a saw saw.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    How on earth can anyone keep a straight face and tell you that install is correct?
    haha...I can't, blows my mind they would put that on like that

Quote Originally Posted by ncbass View Post
    haha...I can't, blows my mind they would put that on like that
    There have been many discussions on this exact topic. Especially early on. i posted pics of mine in Jan 2019. I would have thought by now they would be putting them on level but.........guess not.

"Vexus and my dealer are adamant that it is correct."

You can't be serious

Maybe they thought SI meant "Sky Imaging".
    Last edited by Grizzly; 02-19-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    "Vexus and my dealer are adamant that it is correct."

You can't be serious

Maybe they thought SI meant "Sky Imaging".
    This was year or so ago, but yea I sent pics of both the transducer and what my SI looked like on my graph on the starboard side. My dealer did say that I could bring it in and they will mount it however I wanted it but they are 5 hours away, so I did it myself. "But all of them come from the factory this way". Fortunately all you have to do is lengthen the bracket slots and it will level perfect w/o needing to drill another hole. It is deja vu seeing this pic, identical to the ones I have

Some owners say they have zero issues with their SI etc having it mounted this way. I don't know how, all I can say is my SI is much improved with it leveled.

18. Member
    Let me see, do I believe Vexus on transducer mounting? OR do I believe the manufacturer of the electronics company? Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    Its part of the revolution. Wow, unreal
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

20. Member
    It doesn't matter what Vexus or your dealer says. All installation manuals from the different graphs tell you they must be level. That installation is incorrect and I care not what Vexus or any dealer says. I have installed a lot of electronics and that is one of the basics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast