Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doogiecox View Post
    Go to clarkmarine.com and go to the Vexus boats and look at their in stock boats, there’s a sapphire blue 1980 on their website it’s got a picture number 51 and it’s mounted correct, probably need some fine adjustments but it’s level.
    Just went and looked. That SI transducer is mounted incorrectly like all of the rest. According to the Humminbird transducer mounting manual it is supposed to be mounted on the starboard side because of the prop rotation. Also there is no adjustment as you suggest. That is why so many posters here are talking about wallowing out the bracket holes to level it.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    I haven't called the number BUT I can assure you that is NOT Keith D's #. Plus, I am in the process of ordering a new Vexus and selling my 1980. They will mount it level and/or place it where you want........provided it will not risk being damaged in transport(on the JP etc). Then your dealer needs to install it. It is ridiculous to think that they have no flexibility. Again, having bought or in the process of buying 2 boats from them, they have ALWAYS done it the way I asked. They might not agree and provide feedback of the potential downside but not outright say NO> Sorry......not buying it.
    "Yep, mine came the same way. Vexus and my dealer are adamant that it is correct. IMO it isn't. I opened the slots up on the bracket and leveled it. I also removed my speedo pickup tube(put a radio in that space at the console) and installed a 2D in its place. Now I have great SI and have ran into the 50's without losing depth."

OK Jonesslk. Both of these are your posts from this thread. WTF man?
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    Just went and looked. That SI transducer is mounted incorrectly like all of the rest. According to the Humminbird transducer mounting manual it is supposed to be mounted on the starboard side because of the prop rotation. Also there is no adjustment as you suggest. That is why so many posters here are talking about wallowing out the bracket holes to level it.
    I just went and looked in person. It is mounted level on that boat as all other Vexus boats with SI they have in stock. They said they have never had one come in crooked or at an angle.
    "Now that's some high quality H2O"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRudderedBum View Post
    I just went and looked in person. It is mounted level on that boat as all other Vexus boats with SI they have in stock. They said they have never had one come in crooked or at an angle.

Really?!?!TDV2.jpg
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer

"Yep, mine came the same way. Vexus and my dealer are adamant that it is correct. IMO it isn't. I opened the slots up on the bracket and leveled it. I also removed my speedo pickup tube(put a radio in that space at the console) and installed a 2D in its place. Now I have great SI and have ran into the 50's without losing depth."

His posts sure contradict themselves dont they......
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Really?!?!TDV2.jpg

That is crooked it matches the angle of the bottom just like the other pictures.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    Mine came mounted at an angle just like your showing (see pic below). The right side of my side scan was completely "washed out". I just loosened the screws, got it level with the ground, applied a bit of silicon and re-tighten. All good now.

Last edited by TimetoFish; 03-06-2020 at 02:00 PM.

8. Member
    forgot to mention mine was a Lowrance Elite Ti2

9. Member
    Thanks for the support guys. I am getting hammered in here.
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer

Its all good Bud
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

11. Member
    Really?!?!TDV2.jpg
    Well that one is definitely at an angle but I didn't see that boat. Don't know where it was when I was there but the ones I looked at were all level. Weird.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRudderedBum View Post
    Well that one is definitely at an angle but I didn't see that boat. Don't know where it was when I was there but the ones I looked at were all level. Weird.
    One of the blue sapphire boats has a pic that looks level for sure. Lets all agree on one thing. We want our $2,000 graph to work right.
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer

13. Member
    One of the blue sapphire boats has a pic that looks level for sure. Lets all agree on one thing. We want our $2,000 graph to work right.
    Absolutely. The transducer must be level..no ifs, ands or buts.

BTW KV my boat that is coming in looks to be set up very similar to yours with what you have.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith3510 View Post
    I have brought this issue up with my dealer and they had told me this is the way they are installed from the factory. Can anyone else tell me if your transducer is installed in the same manner as mine. I have noticed my starboard side when I am on side imaging does not display anything like my port side. Is this something I need to address with someone at Vexus?
    Unless your boat floats about 6" higher on the starboard side than the port side, it's really f$&%#& up. I can't believe a dealer let that get out the door. Somebody needs to be fired
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

Alot of folks have their blinders on thats for sure......
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    His posts sure contradict themselves dont they......

Bullshit. I NEVER said they wouldn't fix. They were adament that it was right, however offered to mount it how I wanted. See post #17. As always in a forum that you have no desire to buy stirring up shit again. Not like this is a general forum.......
    Last edited by Jonesslk; 03-09-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

WTF? Really? Why are you posting bullshit #'s saying call Keith himself about their refusal to change. Nor did I ever say that they would NOT fix. Quite the opposite. They disagreed that there was an issue, however offered to mount it how I wanted? What is so hard to understand about that??? No contradiction. Anywhere did I say they refused to fix? Go ahead........I will wait?

Here is my post..........

This was year or so ago, but yea I sent pics of both the transducer and what my SI looked like on my graph on the starboard side. My dealer did say that I could bring it in and they will mount it however I wanted it but they are 5 hours away, so I did it myself. "But all of them come from the factory this way". Fortunately all you have to do is lengthen the bracket slots and it will level perfect w/o needing to drill another hole. It is deja vu seeing this pic, identical to the ones I have

Some owners say they have zero issues with their SI etc having it mounted this way. I don't know how, all I can say is my SI is much improved with it leveled.
    Last edited by Jonesslk; 03-09-2020 at 08:31 AM.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    I haven't called the number BUT I can assure you that is NOT Keith D's #. Plus, I am in the process of ordering a new Vexus and selling my 1980. They will mount it level and/or place it where you want........provided it will not risk being damaged in transport(on the JP etc). Then your dealer needs to install it. It is ridiculous to think that they have no flexibility. Again, having bought or in the process of buying 2 boats from them, they have ALWAYS done it the way I asked. They might not agree and provide feedback of the potential downside but not outright say NO> Sorry......not buying it.
    When you don't call Keith and ask him directly and call BS on someone that has....Is is it so unreasonable that I talked to the man. Or is this just a hoax.
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123