Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    First off, i love my 1880!
    Mine came from the factory the same way. I could only see about half the distance on the starboard side. I modified the bracket, so i could use the same three holes, re-leveled it front/back and side/side and it is much better. I went back to dealer and looked at the other Vexus boats on their lot and all of them were mounted at an angle. Now, my Side and Down image pictures are much better and I can see depth up to around 35 mph when on plane.
    Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Helix 9 G3 SI and Helix 9 G3 DI

Such a quality based company Vexus.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkay View Post
    First off, i love my 1880!
    Mine came from the factory the same way. I could only see about half the distance on the starboard side. I modified the bracket, so i could use the same three holes, re-leveled it front/back and side/side and it is much better. I went back to dealer and looked at the other Vexus boats on their lot and all of them were mounted at an angle. Now, my Side and Down image pictures are much better and I can see depth up to around 35 mph when on plane.
    Was the bracket and screws sealed to the transom or did you just remove screws and slot the bracket and screw it back into the boat?

4. Member
    I just looked at my boat and sure enough it’s not mounted level, I’m thinking about ordering a transducer shield and saver spring back mount and armor plate for the humminbird si transducer, has anyone tried this on their boat. Looks like everything can still use existing holes in boat and probably have to modify the armor plate to get it level if I’m thinking right.
    2019 Vexus AVX 1980
    2019 Mercury 150 pro xs
    Humminbird Helix 10 Bow and Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I Pilot

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith3510 View Post
    Was the bracket and screws sealed to the transom or did you just remove screws and slot the bracket and screw it back into the boat?
    It was sealed. i removed the screws and cleaned the old sealant off, modified the bracket(basically drilled out the right side hole(of the bracket, not the boat), so i could rotate the bracket just enough), got everything level like i wanted it and then resealed and screwed down, checking the level as i went. Pain in the rear, but worth it for the results i've seen.
    Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Helix 9 G3 SI and Helix 9 G3 DI

6. Member
    I have an 1880 on order and it will go on line soon. I told my dealer and Vexus that I do not want my transducers mounted crooked and they refuse to mount them level. They said that they will ship them not mounted and the dealer can mount them wherever I want them to. I contacted Humminbird and they confirmed that they need to be level. I don't know what to say.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

"I told my dealer and Vexus that I do not want my transducers mounted crooked and they refuse to mount them level."

What the hell is going on at Vexus?

What's next, no drain hole in the livewell?

8. Member
    I talked to Keith at Vexus today and he says that Vexus mounts the transducers that way so they do not effect the performance of the boat. It is all about trading transducer performance for top speed performance. He took his time to give me an explanation why they do that. I do not care about every last mph and we agreed that for me to mount them level it is my choice to have my dealer do it.
    He understands my position. So there it is.
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    I talked to Keith at Vexus today and he says that Vexus mounts the transducers that way so they do not effect the performance of the boat. It is all about trading transducer performance for top speed performance. He took his time to give me an explanation why they do that. I do not care about every last mph and we agreed that for me to mount them level it is my choice to have my dealer do it.
    He understands my position. So there it is.
    I leveled mine and get so much better image quality and have not noticed any performance difference of the boat. In fact after my adjustment I am actually seeing 53mph when I used to top at 52.something when it was angled. Had me and 2 big boys on my boat this weekend and was seeing 50mph in rough water.

"Vexus mounts the transducers that way so they do not effect the performance of the boat"

This is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    "Vexus mounts the transducers that way so they do not effect the performance of the boat"

Me too what a rediculous excuse. Those trasducers create alot of drag you know....... for such an “elite” group of boat people this really shocks me especially something so basic and common sense based as this. Then to correct it you have an extra hole in the hull which is great. The best imaging setup ive always ran and seen is the imaging transducer mounted up above the step or on the jack plate and a second skimmer transducer mounted down low under the step for on plane 2d readings only mounted LEVEL of course. I ran that for years and had on plane readings up to 55 mph which is as fast as my old boat would go. I think the revolution needs to go back to the drawing board on this one......
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

12. Banned
    I cannot believe they send them out from the factory like this. This is beyond ridiculous. I mean the unit has no chance to work. For supposedly a top notch company, this is about as shifty as it comes.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post

Easily the stupidest thing i've ever read on the forums in a long while. Unless they guy saying he talked to Keith about this is trolling us, they just keep digging themselves a deeper hole. What an absolute joke.

14. Member
    Well I’m a member of the revolution and proud to be, all boat builders have made mistakes, but when your high on the totem pole like Vexus everyone looks for issues and yes they have issues too just like all boat brands, my transducer was not mounted level on my boat so I ordered a spring back mount from transducer shield & saver notched the mount a little bit and now everything is level they way it should be, when I get on the water I’ll fine tune it if needed. And you do not have to make any extras holes in your boat.
    2019 Vexus AVX 1980
    2019 Mercury 150 pro xs

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    Easily the stupidest thing i've ever read on the forums in a long while. Unless they guy saying he talked to Keith about this is trolling us, they just keep digging themselves a deeper hole. What an absolute joke.
    Not trolling yous. Call Keith yourself 513-572-6752 and he will explain their logic. Tell him Ken B. that has a 1880 going on line next week told you to call.
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer

Not trolling yous. Call Keith yourself 513-572-6752 and he will explain their logic. Tell him Ken B. that has a 1880 going on line next week told you to call.

I haven't called the number BUT I can assure you that is NOT Keith D's #. Plus, I am in the process of ordering a new Vexus and selling my 1980. They will mount it level and/or place it where you want........provided it will not risk being damaged in transport(on the JP etc). Then your dealer needs to install it. It is ridiculous to think that they have no flexibility. Again, having bought or in the process of buying 2 boats from them, they have ALWAYS done it the way I asked. They might not agree and provide feedback of the potential downside but not outright say NO> Sorry......not buying it.
    Last edited by Jonesslk; 03-05-2020 at 09:25 AM.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

17. Member
    513 area code is in Cincinnati....

KV is from Brooklyn/Ohio. Maybe it's his number

19. Member
    Everyone is going to have to wait until I pick up my boat from Fisherman's Central and I will post pictures of the before and after mounting of the transducers. It will be in the beginning of April. Never so sorry I shared.
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer

20. Member
    Go to clarkmarine.com and go to the Vexus boats and look at their in stock boats, there’s a sapphire blue 1980 on their website it’s got a picture number 51 and it’s mounted correct, probably need some fine adjustments but it’s level.
    2019 Vexus AVX 1980
    2019 Mercury 150 pro xs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast