Thread: Be Prepared

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Can’t they just join the Girl Scouts????? I mean the we’re letting the girls in the BOY scouts so what’s fair is fair right?????

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    I would never want to minimize what happen to any of those kids but if you assume 500,000,000 kids went though since 1910 and you double those affected the incidence rate is 0.00004 % of participants.
    How much child rape is tolerable to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post
    Did you actually read everything I wrote. Oh wait you just want to cherry pick. I believe child rape/sexual abuse should carry the death penalty, NO EXCEPTIONS. Does that clear things up for you.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

5. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    What happened?? Did the girls they were forced to let in spend all the money??
    my exact thoughts. LoL

Oh Boy No More Popcorn...

7. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Those decisions were made by individuals. Again hold them accountable. Had they taken care of it back then they would have probably still been viable today, but bad choices were made. Those in the organization that covered it up should be charged also.
    The internal list of abusers that the BSA has started back in the 1920's, part of the bigger lawsuits claims they withheld the names shown on this list. With multiple names not removed from scouting activities. Unfortunately for the organization it is very hard at this point to remove this cover up from being an organizational thing. If they would have been upfront from the beginning it could have turned out a whole lot differently, the BSA could have continued their good work away from this. But hiding it instead will lead to the downfall of the whole organization.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    The internal list of abusers that the BSA has started back in the 1920's, part of the bigger lawsuits claims they withheld the names shown on this list. With multiple names not removed from scouting activities. Unfortunately for the organization it is very hard at this point to remove this cover up from being an organizational thing. If they would have been upfront from the beginning it could have turned out a whole lot differently, the BSA could have continued their good work away from this. But hiding it instead will lead to the downfall of the whole organization.
    I agree totally. The downfall was not confronting the issue from the start. I'm just not condemning all the good individuals who worked tirelessly to make it what it was, it will never be the same.

9. Member
    Did you actually read everything I wrote. Oh wait you just want to cherry pick. I believe child rape/sexual abuse should carry the death penalty, NO EXCEPTIONS. Does that clear things up for you.
    I read every word. You said that you didn't want to minimize it. Then you did incorrect math. Then you minimized it by implying that most of the kids were not raped.

Question...if someone who rapes/sexually abuses a child should be put to death, what should happen to a child-focused organization whose policy is to cover that up childhood sexual abuse?

10. Member
    I stand with the BSA and scouting, it's really sad that these abuse accusations were mishandled... but there are safe guards in place now that can and will prevent this from happening, it was a different world 30 years ago than today, I hope they can overcome their past mistakes and remain the organization that I see first hand, enriching these kids lives.
    Cheese County Bass Club

11. Member
    Personal accountability is what I have been saying. The organization did nothing, it's the PEOPLE who made the decisions that are to blame.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123