Thread: LiveScope

LiveScope

Anyone have any idea what kind of AH power draw these pull?
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

2. Member
    Power is in Watts, not AH, and per the specs on Garmin website, the PLS (i.e., the GLS10 module) consumes 21W typ and 58 W max. At a nominal 12V battery voltage, the current draw would be 21W/12V = 1.75 A (typical), and 58W/12V = 4.8 A (max). So, these are the numbers from Garmin, and while I have not yet measured anything other than the idle current when off (13 mA), they seem about right.

AH is for the battery capacity, so if you want to run 8 hours at max power (worst case), or 4.8A, that would require 4.8A x 8 Hours = 38.4 AH. In reality, the power consumption is somewhere in between, in my experience, because I get two full 8 hr days of fishing on my 50 AH lithium battery.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jawjatek View Post
    Power is in Watts, not AH, and per the specs on Garmin website, the PLS (i.e., the GLS10 module) consumes 21W typ and 58 W max. At a nominal 12V battery voltage, the current draw would be 21W/12V = 1.75 A (typical), and 58W/12V = 4.8 A (max). So, these are the numbers from Garmin, and while I have not yet measured anything other than the idle current when off (13 mA), they seem about right.

AH is for the battery capacity, so if you want to run 8 hours at max power (worst case), or 4.8A, that would require 4.8A x 8 Hours = 38.4 AH. In reality, the power consumption is somewhere in between, in my experience, because I get two full 8 hr days of fishing on my 50 AH lithium battery.
    Thank you jawjatek! I have a 100 AH Lithium and just switched to GARMIN, I'll be running 2 8612xsv and 1 8616xsv plus the livescope and am trying to make sure I have enough battery
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

4. Member
    That should work just fine, the only question is how long; I would think a 100 AH would go 2 days easily. If you put the units in "sleep" mode when not using them, it will last longer.

Wow thats A LOT of draw for a 100ah Lithium.

6. Member
    Everything that uses power draws... head unit, black box, lights, GPS pucks, radio, ...

2 head units plus x, y, z, ...
    2017 Lund alaskan 1800 Side Console 90hp, Lvl 2. Merc mon
    Ultrex iPilot Link, Console Solix Mega 12SI, Bow Helix 12 SI/DI GPS bow, and humminbird 360 / SI on bow..