First trip to Konowa

Tried Konowa lake for the first time today. Heard it was heated due to the power plant and this is true. Water was 60 degrees on the north (exhaust) side and 55 on the south side as opposed to 48 at other lakes/ponds.

Shoulda known something was up as I saw 3 guys with boats going in the opposite direction of me as I neared the lake and it was still really early in the day. Then, as I was putting in, a guy was loading up to leave. I asked him how he did and he said no good. I told him I was primarily there to tune in my new Lowrance fish finder and he said, “Oh, you can find them...just can’t get them to bite.”

Mind you this was a Monday, yes, a holiday, but I didn’t think it would be packed. My buddy, Brad Hunter was kind enough to map out the lake for me and put me on spots he knew to be good. EVERY spot he told me about was 3 deep in boats!

These tards in their Skeeters zoom around at 40+ mphs out here, beating everybody to death with their wakes. Nobody is skiing or playing in the water, everybody is fishing. I guess they enjoy getting waked while they are fishing.

I like the lake but it’s too heavily pressured by Skeeter tards. (Hereby known as Skeetards)I

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysfan View Post
    Tried Konowa lake for the first time today. Heard it was heated due to the power plant and this is true. Water was 60 degrees on the north (exhaust) side and 55 on the south side as opposed to 48 at other lakes/ponds.

Shoulda known something was up as I saw 3 guys with boats going in the opposite direction of me as I neared the lake and it was still really early in the day. Then, as I was putting in, a guy was loading up to leave. I asked him how he did and he said no good. I told him I was primarily there to tune in my new Lowrance fish finder and he said, “Oh, you can find them...just can’t get them to bite.”

Mind you this was a Monday, yes, a holiday, but I didn’t think it would be packed. My buddy, Brad Hunter was kind enough to map out the lake for me and put me on spots he knew to be good. EVERY spot he told me about was 3 deep in boats!

These tards in their Skeeters zoom around at 40+ mphs out here, beating everybody to death with their wakes. Nobody is skiing or playing in the water, everybody is fishing. I guess they enjoy getting waked while they are fishing.

I like the lake but it’s too heavily pressured by Skeeter tards. (Hereby known as Skeetards)I
    i’ve been on the lake a few times, never had that problem even once. I don’t like getting waked either, it sucks.
    I guess your referencing mentally impaired people as some kind of insult..... guess you never been effected or around someone with a learning disability. People can be *******s, pretty much proven that.

3. Member
    There’s a difference b/t a physically mentally handicapped person and a tard. I’d happily fish with a mentally handicapped person all day...these guys are tards.

4. Member
    I get what your saying, I am just saying using the word “tard” is referring to mentally disabled people. IMO pretty disrespectful. JMO

did you catch any fish?

5. Member
    Just the retarded ones

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysfan View Post
    Just the retarded ones
    actually, that makes perfect sense.

7. Member
    OG&E didn't start generating til a couple weeks ago. Once word gets out the water is warmer the ramp gets a little busy. Lastly when there are 2 jackpots last weekend with good weights anglers Definately will be there. Brad is a great guy btw

8. Member
    Wow this post is strange, so what type of boat do you own sir? If you dont like wake, never go to Grand, Texoma, or Eufaula! I sure you would run into some folks you think are handicapped on those lakes as well. Im a Phoenix owner but have nothing against Skeeter and do love how supportive they are of our beloved sport!