Water pressure???

2019 Mercury 150hp 2B663029. Have vessel view mobile installed and would like to see water pressure. Does engine come with a water pressure gauge installed or is that something I need to add?
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    2019 Mercury 150hp 2B663029. Have vessel view mobile installed and would like to see water pressure. Does engine come with a water pressure gauge installed or is that something I need to add?
    You will need to purchase the sending unit. If you look on engine's left side, about halfway up you will see the lead taped to the harness. It's labeled "BLOCK PRESSURE'. The port has a screwed in plug in it from the factory. Sender is in the ball park of $70.
    MY Engine Serial Number : 2B411498

3. Member
    If you now have analog gauge you can install new sending unit with brass street tee and have both. Several have done this and pretty easy! Like this:

<Please take a moment to review the Forum Announcements and make sure your links are acceptable>

More help:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....25#post9724125
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 02-19-2020 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Announcements

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    As indicated, a Digital Sensor can be easily added (engine is already wired) to use with any Smartcraft Instrument, Display or device.

See Rhonda's Post (pinned at the top of the Forum)- she can set you up with what you need.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor