Thank you Brad Ayers @ Rock Outdoors in Lexington, NC

After a couple issues with my Mercury found Rock Outdoors and Brad Ayers to "Get er Done". After engine alarm sounded he found throttle position sensor out of sort. Replaced that item now waiting for water levels and floaters at High Rock, Jordan, and Buggs Island to drop and clear up "to go catch fish".

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Cool! Always good to hear good reports.

What engine were they working with for you?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    My Mercury, model: 1175P73EY 175 HP Serial No. 2B018990 All in all had the motor alarm with 6 beeps to be a Throttle Position Sensor. Not related to alarms but the following were diagnosed from previous trip to Rock Outdoors' service center. A coolant leaking gasket at the base of the power head and a oil leak at the oil pump. Haven't been on the water since repairs due to the weather and high water in lakes of the area.

4. Banned
    I hear they are biting on Norman and water should be good to run there.

5. Member
    Thanks but no thanks Jamie. Last time I went to Norman had a driver from China Grove, NC transporting a car for a some used car dealer in China Grove run into the rear of my boat. He was on a cell phone and not paying attention. Cost him and his car lot a new motor for my boat. So needless just not interested in fighting that traffic and take a chance again. Rather go to Buggs Island anyway. Besides just not enough pleasure boaters on Norman.

6. Banned
    yadkin chain isn't going to clear up any time soon.