Night time spinnerbait trailer?

Around here big black/red colorado blade spinnerbaits are huge at night for smallmouth. Does anybody throw a swimbait trailer at night? I was thinking a 3" swimbait like the essential series ripper bait by do-it? Any suggestions? Thanks

2. Member
    Les you know i like throwin em to and i use whatever will put out the most vibration as i figure theyre typically hitting it more due to vibration than sight. I throw a big twin tail trailer
    They aint got hands, set the hook

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Les you know i like throwin em to and i use whatever will put out the most vibration as i figure theyre typically hitting it more due to vibration than sight. I throw a big twin tail trailer
    Steven i figure the same thing & i use a swimming chunk , but i thought about it today & figured since a person is slow rolling it would help slow it down all the way around.

4. Member
    Id be afraid a swimbait might give it a little too much lift. I need to get down there with ya and try it out on cumberland this summer
    They aint got hands, set the hook

5. Member
    Fat albert twin tail grub

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fish365 View Post
    This, in either black or chartreuse.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Id be afraid a swimbait might give it a little too much lift. I need to get down there with ya and try it out on cumberland this summer
    You're more then welcome any time Steven. If they're heavy enough they won't lift much & i'll be reeling just enough to barely feel the blade thump so we'll see. You can catch some big bags of smallmouth on them in the moon for sure. When the moon gone the smallmouth are too though. I don't know why, but i've never tried it on Green & i've caught some real nice smallmouth there when there was a sliver to quarter moon that come up late & they got into bait fish.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fish365 View Post
    Which is why i'm wanting to pick up another mold & skirt mold to add to the according to my wife way to many pile of molds so i can make them or hula grubs too.

9. Member
    My friend and I have had really good luck using a Kalin's 6" Mogambo single tail grub paired with a big single Colorado blade spinnerbait.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    My friend and I have had really good luck using a Kalin's 6" Mogambo single tail grub paired with a big single Colorado blade spinnerbait.

11. Member
    I used to use a single Colorado Terminator black spinnerbait back when I used to night fish and never used a trailer and still had ton of success catching both smallmouth and largemouth.

12. Member
    3.75 Black/Blue Rage Swimmer on3/4 oz. black/black thumper.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    To stay deep I’d use a single tail grub. Bitters makes a nice one.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV