"New Track"?? Echomap Ultra

All, Does anyone know how to end a current trail, and start a new one of a different color? When I practice for an event, I often use different colors for different days. Today, I have to save my data to a card, delete it all, start anew trail, and then reload my data to my unit from my card. Is there currently an easier way? The new livescope is cool :-) ... shhh

2. Member
    I too use tracks and can vouch for Garmin's lack "track management" options. I've emailed Garmin on numerous occasions asking for better track management options.

I'm not sitting in front of my unit so don't quote me. At the start of day 1...clear your active track...i.e. start from scratch. At the end of the day 1 save this track. I don't recall if saving the track automatically clears the active track or if you then need to clear the active track manually to start from scratch on day 2. Change the track color of the active track when starting day 2.

A bigger hassle...they provide no options to turn on/off the display of a saved track. The only option provided is to hide colors. After Day 1, if you want a clear screen, you must hide the color of that track. For me I don't save many consecutive tracks but if your one that does you have to remember the colors of your tracks to hide or display them.
    Last edited by tobyfrommo; 02-17-2020 at 02:56 PM.
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

3. Member
    I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed yet. Does Lowrance have some kind of "patent" on their very user friendly Trails screen where you can toggle to display and record to different trails ?

update: Todd says it's on the list to be upgraded, but not high on priority list, which is understandable.
    Last edited by Chelsea FC; 05-03-2020 at 08:55 AM.