Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I did not see it mentioned but being a new motor have you checked that the shipping bolt has been removed? It would be a long bolt through one of the holes in the lower part of the transom clamp keeping the motor from trimming all the way down.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

Great point
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    I did not see it mentioned but being a new motor have you checked that the shipping bolt has been removed? It would be a long bolt through one of the holes in the lower part of the transom clamp keeping the motor from trimming all the way down.
    I will take a look at that this afternoon....

Thanks

4. Member
    I had a similar situation on my ‘07 Cougar recently repowered with a 250 4S. Running a 24 Fury 3 with a hydraulic jack plate. Prop came with all holes open and my first trip out the nose would stand straight up. I plugged the holes with 2 large and 1 small (all I had) and the hole shot was tons better. Still stands up a little but I’m about 2.5 seconds and then on plane. I think all solid plugs will be even better.

5. Member
    Update:

I took the Cougar out again yesterday with the dealer and the holeshot results were night and day.

Difference in the setup is I loaded the bow with my normal tackle and 40 gallons of fuel instead of 20.

Popped right up on plane at ~4500rpm and we almost hit the rev limiter on the big end ~6200rpm

Same Fury 3 24P with no pvs plugs....

Not sure I understand it but I am not going to argue.

Thanks for all of the input

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12