Drivers Console Access for Fishfinder.

Hey all. New here, no credentials but looking for some help, and when my knowledge increases Id be glad to contribute myself.

I have a 2018 Tracker Pro Team 175TXW. Im installing a new fish finder at the console and I have a few questions. I had no problem removing the the panel from the stern up to the drivers seat. Now here's where I start having questions. Everything I have read and watched showed an additional panel that can be removed to easily run right up the drivers console. Mine is not like that. My drivers console wraps right along the starboard to behind the drivers seat. Throttle can be accessed by a panel this is mounted to the console itself, and even that I can not access, more on that in a moment. So im fine with poking around and putting things back together. Noticed I can take off a panel under the starboard portion of the console underneath the throttle. Did nothing for me. Just staring at a solid piece of plastic console still. Took off the panel under the dash where the fuse block is and found two bolts coming from the bow that seemed to be anchoring the console. found a screw just behind the drivers seat that on the starboard portion of the console. took it off and got plenty of wiggle room with the console and noticed they didn't actually run the transducer wire into the console, they ran behind it. My question is they came back into the console at some point but the right front portion of this console won't budge for nothing. I have the front of the console loose from the bolts coming from the bow. I have the starboard portion of the console loose from the screw behind the drivers seat, but I don't see any other hardware keeping it stout in the approximate area where the fish finder sits on the console. What am I missing?

Any information you'd be willing to enlighten me with? I actually accomplished what I needed to do because once I got some good wiggle on the console I noticed that transducer cable was fairly loose. So I taped a pull string on there and pulled it back to the stern no problem. Its just really, really, really bugging me that I don't know how they ran behind the starboard portion of the console and then back into the console? Thanks for your time. If you need pics I will figure out what how to post them and get em on here. Thanks again!

2. Member
    Also, about the access to the throttle. There are maybe 10? screws holding the throttle panel on to the starboard portion of the drivers console. There are 4 that are backed up by lock nuts!! Guess where those lock nuts are...yep, behind the starboard portion of the console. Once I got a bunch of wiggle room on the console by removing the nuts from the bow, and the screw behind the drivers seat I was able to access 3 of them, and not the easiest by any means. Still cant get to the 4th because that dang drivers console is rock solid on the starboard where it meets the casting deck. Driving me nuts

3. Member
    I am assuming that the 175 is like the bigger models. There is a carpeted kick panel under the side of the console that contains the throttle controls. It goes between the bottom and the side of the boat. Remove all the screws holding it. On my boat removing the drivers seat made things easier. Once it is off you have room to run cables from the back deck and can access the hole at the bottom of the console to get cables into the console. Once in there remove your switch panel to gain access to the depth finder mounting location.

4. Member
    Thanks Transom. Ive pulled that kick panel and the switch panel and eventually I was successful in running the transducer wire. Im just a little annoyed that I cant get a bit more wiggle room on the console. The additional plastic panel on the console that lets you access the throttle is backed by 4 lock nuts and I cant access all 4 of them with the wiggle room I have. Its really annoying the hell out of me. Thanks for the information though. Very helpful

5. Member
    Here is a picture of how I accessed wiring in the console for installation of a Helix on my 2017 PT190. It was identical on the 175s at the time. Sorry about the picture orientation.
    Dash panel open.JPGDash closeup view.JPG
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

6. Member
    As Joe3 showed, i removed the control panel to the livewell pumps to access mine. My dealer installed my fish finder before delivery of the boat but then i swapped that one to front and another helix at the console and had to run a new transducer wire. Remove panel behind the seat, and the livewell controls. Im going to guess they used a snake to go past the throttle section as it was ran thru inside there. i used the old ducer wire i had to pull out to snake the new one in.

7. Member
    By the way there is a factory supplied two conductor wire behind the instrument panel that is hooked to the ACC switch. Mine was equipped with two compression fittings making my Helix install a little easier. There is quite a bit of room behind the panel with the throttle control and I was able to just push my transducer wire through with no problem.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

8. Member
    Thanks Joe and Ryan! I managed to pretty much open everything that has been suggested and made my way. Opening up the panel with the livewell controls was a big help as well. I didn't really stumble upon it though until I had to figure out access to tighten the bolts for the ram mount installation. Figures, but you live and you learn. I did not notice the factory supplied conductors behind that panel as I kind of just removed it and got it out of my way to get my dirty paws in there. I just ran power down to the fuse panel and made my own crimped terminations on the Humminbird power supply conductors. Good information though, thank you very much for the replies.

9. Member
    No problem. If you start to have power or interference issues you'll need to change the power source. Technically HB states to run power direct to battery with a fuse. No fuse box or panels like most boats have under a console. You can get interference from the other power sources running or backfeed. If you have no issues then you'll be fine , but if you do have issues I'd start there. Good luck have fun.