Thread: Rod Shipping?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    i shipped a rod today in pvc with usps for 12$ thats the lowest ive ever shipped a rod for. knoxville to south carolina which isnt too far but still the lowest price ive had. I have really bad luck with usps on rods so if i do ship with them i always use pvc tube. and normally i do ups and ill ship in a cardboard rod tube if i need to get the rod out soon.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybass View Post
    ....on the other hand, I have bought rods on this board where the seller just throws the rod in a tube with no padding or wrapping whatsoever. A couple of these were really expensive rods. I didn't want to cause a fuss and I'm not sure there is anything to be done anyways. What do you guys do if you receive a really poorly packed rod?
    Yup. One time I received a rod tube in perfect condition. Rod had about 4 inches broke off the tip. Bare rod in oversized tube. Seller said he had shipped 6 other rods that way with no problem. Find that hard to believe.

Just received a rod from John. Well packed. Thanks.

Never sold a rod, but did ship a new one to a deserving young guy. Rod wrapped. String tied around handle and taped to outside. Drilled 2 holes thru tube and end cap on both ends. Then used 2 bolts on each end to make sure the cap couldn't 'accidentally' fall off. And 'yes' I have received a PVC tube with no cap on one end. About 4 inches broke off that rod tip, too.

I personally don't understand why any member of a fishing forum wouldn't understand the necessity of packing a rod so as to keep it from moving in the tube and using extra protection around the tip.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by new2BC4bass View Post
    Yup. One time I received a rod tube in perfect condition. Rod had about 4 inches broke off the tip. Bare rod in oversized tube. Seller said he had shipped 6 other rods that way with no problem. Find that hard to believe.

Just received a rod from John. Well packed. Thanks.

Never sold a rod, but did ship a new one to a deserving young guy. Rod wrapped. String tied around handle and taped to outside. Drilled 2 holes thru tube and end cap on both ends. Then used 2 bolts on each end to make sure the cap couldn't 'accidentally' fall off. And 'yes' I have received a PVC tube with no cap on one end. About 4 inches broke off that rod tip, too.

I personally don't understand why any member of a fishing forum wouldn't understand the necessity of packing a rod so as to keep it from moving in the tube and using extra protection around the tip.

Yea, I definitely agree. Particularly if you sell rods very often because all it takes is one mess-up and a report on it and I doubt you will get much repeat business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12